Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.0 Beta (Windows Only)

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
ssigrist

Re: Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.0 Beta (Windows Only)

Post by ssigrist »

When is this going to get an update. There are several things posted to address and I have random crashes as well as PCNVR recordings stopping after these crashes and when windows patches are applied.
Cwpc

Post by Cwpc »

Does this fix the issue with ip2m-841B not saving to the PC-NVR after the latest firmware updates?
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

I've previously reported a reproduceable issue with this version of ASP whereby it crashes if the playback window is left displayed after the end of the last video in a search result. The playback stops and shows a still image of the end of the video and then ASP crashes after a short time.

I was just setting up a playback screen to take a screenshot to show the play controls (to post in another thread) and I had paused the video. I was zooming in on the timeline and the display had been paused for perhaps a minute when ASP crashed.

It looks as if a still image displayed in a video playback window is the cause of the crash in some way.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
danzetus

Post by danzetus »

Is there a way to add support for OnVIF cameras that are not Amcrest branded?
I do have 4 Amcrest cameras and 2 of other brand but OnVIF compatible. Would be nice if I connect them too.
Thank you!
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Manual Add them with IP address and see what works.
danzetus

Post by danzetus »

jack7 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:55 am Manual Add them with IP address and see what works.
I have tried on one and it did not go well... Is it supported? Have you tried to add one?
Thank you!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am able to load any of my Dahua Branded or OEM un branded IP cameras inside of ASP... Sadly I have not been able to load any of the 4 OEM HikVision Onvif cameras.. I can load them on my 2116-HS however it will not let me Encode over 1080p even though the camera is 5mp lol.. Not sure why that is.. I can get it in 5mp mode over WebUI... Even tried it in 3mp mode and it wouldn't load lol 1080p is max.. It is ok I don't like them anyway so they just stay in the box and use as a Back up if I have to change out a camera and need something until a replacement comes..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
dpavlicek

Post by dpavlicek »

Is there any word on a release schedule for this software?
Goldfinger28

Post by Goldfinger28 »

I had Pro 2.0 Beta crash (and disappear without notice) and when I restarted it, the Home Page was all captioned differently with (big & bold) "DEFAULT" on the header. Also, all modules were relabeled with " - MODULE" appended to each module caption.

How can I get it back to normal?
Attachments
Home Screen JPG
Home Screen JPG
Home Screen ''DEFAULT'' bug.jpg (75.47 KiB) Viewed 8233 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would have to guess that you might have to Reinstall ASP I would Uninstall it then Remove anything Related to it, Restart your computer and then Re install the software and set things back up.. While this might be a Pain that is one of the reasons this is a Bata so people can learn what is wrong with software and updates can be made before it is released to the Public as a Stable Version...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe