Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.0 Beta (Windows Only)

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
rtm

Re: Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.0 Beta (Windows Only)

Post by rtm »

Under 'Home', Events configuration icon is under "Operation" when it used to be under "Configuration"

Events Log is under Configuration when it used to be under Operation.
jmitchell

Post by jmitchell »

The biggest issue/concern I see right away is that you still don't support a portable video export format. The police often request copies of my videos but they are unable to accept the dav format since it requires the smart player - they are not allowed to install/use software on their computers which is not standard or not installed by their IT staff.

The ASF format comes up with "required video codec is not installed" on any Windows based computer, the AVI is not known by standard windows software and the MP4 requires the purchase of an HEVC Codec.

Again, the problem is that police agencies are requesting video exports from surveillance systems frequently, but they need video formats which can be played using the players and codecs built into Windows 10 because they are not allowed to accept or install other software on their computers for security reasons.

I feel this is a huge problem/shortcoming of the Amcrest software.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

@jmitchell When I export an item from this latest version of ASP I see ASF, AVI, MP4 and "original format" presumably DAV.
export options.jpg
export options.jpg (37.51 KiB) Viewed 8524 times
I've tried exporting files in MP4 and AVI using PC-NVR as source and that works fine but then using a camera as source it is either incredibly slow or throws an error message to say it has failed.

The exported files (when it hasn't failed) play perfectly and MediaInfo shows them to be pretty much standard AVC encoded.

It's certainly clunky, unreliable and needs some work :) .

As far as DAV files are concerned, you can load them in SmartPlayer and export as MP4 from there if that helps.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
jack7

Post by jack7 »

jmitchell,
Your post sounds like you can export a good DAV HEVC(h.265) or MP4 HEVC file using something. To get a good file for the the police, use the PC program Handbrake to convert the DAV or MP4 HEVC file to MP4 h.264 format.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

For the want of something better to do, I've been playing with file export again today and I find that using PC-NVR is the only reliable option for me. I can understand why this is so, as the data is already stored in the reserved area on my PC HDD so it's all happening on my PC, no outside influences.

All 4 file formats work as expected BUT when saving to a USB stick the option to export SmartPlayer fails every time. It's a non-issue really because there's no good reason to select DAV that I can think of. All formats show in MediaInfo as standard files encoded with AVC.

I don't know how things work in the USA, but in the UK, the evidential value of recorded video is severely reduced by any transcoding or editing so it's essential to have a way to provide unaltered recordings. In serious cases, the original mSD card would be required.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
jack7

Post by jack7 »

With PC-NVR, I guess you would have to take your whole PC to the police so they would have the original recording and the ability to view it using ASP. :)
ssigrist

Post by ssigrist »

I had to manually add my cameras but everything is recording as it should. I do have an issue with playback, I can't get to an exact time. When I click on a specific time it will jump to the next hour, This is really annoying when you want to look at something and have to watch all the way from the start of the hour.
bloort

Post by bloort »

so somehow i enable ipv6 on my lan. is that going to be a bad thing when things are configured using names?
bloort

Post by bloort »

pvnvr. disk allocate will erase all files....WHAT the heck does that mean? I got a lot of stuff on that drive. lol?
spleen911

Post by spleen911 »

- 32bit APP but installs into "C:\Program Files" which is for 64bit APPs
- Above means parallel installation with non-Beta which is handy for testing side-by-side
- Parallel installation leaves non-beta in an uninstallable state because BETA takes over Windows install information
- Auto search found nothing when I set my LAN IP range
- After clicking "Search" in playback previously selected NVR/cameras are unchecked
- Playback search only shows results for 1st camera selected when multiple cameras are checked
- Cannot playback more than 1 camera at a time
Four NV4108E-HS and a mix of 24 cameras (IP4M-1028, IP4M-1051, and IP3M-HX2)