Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.0 Beta

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
mromamcrest

Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.0 Beta

Postby mromamcrest » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:48 pm

Amcrest Users,

We welcome all our customers to our Software Beta testing. This beta is for Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.0 (code name SmartPSS) which will also be referred to as ASP 2.0 interchangeably. Below are details of how to participate, we will list any new features and known bugs with the new Test ASP. Let us know your feedback and if you discover any new bugs!

Caution :!:
This Test Software is only for Windows.

Software changes

Only for Windows. Mac version is still in the works for future development.

32-bit only. Upon release 32-bit and 64-bit versions are planned to be included and will function exactly the same except the 64-bit version will be more optimized for 64-bit PCs.

Software Beta
For Windows ONLY
https://www.dropbox.com/s/32v3g6oaup2j4d5/DH_SMARTPSS-Win32_ChnEng_IS_V2.002.0000008.0.R.190609.exe?dl=0

If you have any issues with the Beta Software and or need to go back to the Previous Version, please use the below latest ASP software

Previous ASP version
For Windows ONLY
https://amcrest-files.s3.amazonaws.com/Amcrest+Surveillance+Pro+Setup+V1.14.1.R.20161018.exe

Please leave any feedback, suggestions, or bugs you run into on this forum post. With your help, we hope to be able to address all bugs faster and be able to release the new ASP software sooner.

Thank you,
James S.

JVRx77

Re: Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.0 Beta

Postby JVRx77 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:27 am

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview V. 1903 OS Build 18922.1000

P2P does not function, can add cameras & NVRs but not connect to them.

Playback; can only view one video stream at a time, can select multiple cameras/streams but only the first/top of list is viewable.

James.S
Site Admin

Postby James.S » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:36 am

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview V. 1903 OS Build 18922.1000

P2P does not function, can add cameras & NVRs but not connect to them.

Playback; can only view one video stream at a time, can select multiple cameras/streams but only the first/top of list is viewable.
Wanted to confirm with you and let you know we greatly appreciate you help in testing the new Beta software. Please let me know if you find anything else
If you have any more questions or concerns about this product or other Amcrest products, please reach out to us at https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport.

- James.S

RB1

Postby RB1 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:45 am

Motion Detection:
1) does not show (as yellow sections) on playback bars
2) only one bar will show, not multiple cams

PC-NVR:
1) randomly turns itself off when selected to be on or on when selected to be off

Windows 10 / IV4M-1026 cams

RB1

Postby RB1 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:45 am

When will you be uploading a newer beta version?

James.S
Site Admin

Postby James.S » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:54 am

When will you be uploading a newer beta version?
I am hoping to be posting another one soon, Unfortunately, this heavily relies on the engineering team.

Thank you for the feedback as well I have sent this off to them.
If you have any more questions or concerns about this product or other Amcrest products, please reach out to us at https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport.

- James.S

SchwannyT

Postby SchwannyT » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:52 pm

Does this beta also include a new version of the PC-NVR software, or is it the same as the 1.14 version? Will I need to install that as well for recording/playback?

spleen911

Postby spleen911 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:12 pm

The option to sync time with configured devices has a bug (exists in 1.14.1 too). It does not consider time zone so each day when it syncs my 5 NVRs, the time zone on the NVR is changed from GMT-5 to GMT-4. I'm running ASP on Windows 10 Pro in GMT-5+DST. All the NVRs are set to GMT-5+DST, but each time ASP updates time on the NVRs it changes them to GMT-4. From a "math time" perspective GMT-5+DST is -4 hours from GMT during DST, but that is not the same as GMT-4: the offset changes ... not the time zone. If I change my PC to GMT-4+DST ... ASP changes the NVRs to GMT-3 when it updates time.

James.S
Site Admin

Postby James.S » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:07 pm

Does this beta also include a new version of the PC-NVR software, or is it the same as the 1.14 version? Will I need to install that as well for recording/playback?
Sorry for late reply yes it does. not if you have an SD card or HDD in your device.
The option to sync time with configured devices has a bug (exists in 1.14.1 too). It does not consider time zone so each day when it syncs my 5 NVRs, the time zone on the NVR is changed from GMT-5 to GMT-4. I'm running ASP on Windows 10 Pro in GMT-5+DST. All the NVRs are set to GMT-5+DST, but each time ASP updates time on the NVRs it changes them to GMT-4. From a "math time" perspective GMT-5+DST is -4 hours from GMT during DST, but that is not the same as GMT-4: the offset changes ... not the time zone. If I change my PC to GMT-4+DST ... ASP changes the NVRs to GMT-3 when it updates time.

Thank you very much for this awesome information, I have sent this over to our R&D team to look into for the next update.

- James.S

Return to “Amcrest Surveillance Pro”