Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.0 Beta (Mac Only)

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
davwarren

Re: Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.0 Beta (Mac Only)

Post by davwarren »

When in playback mode right side of screen is cut off and not centered
bplynbrook

Post by bplynbrook »

This is getting ridiculous, its been months since i can't use the software on any of my macs to access my cameras , i have 4 of your NVRS and over 80 4k cameras total for all my businesses , and it feels like such a waste , everytime i call you guys no one knows when a final version of this software will be available. One of my gas stations was robbed yesterday and i can't download the footage . this is unacceptable, ill be switching brands after this
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

80 cameras and 4NVR's? Something like this I am not sure anything outside of a direct transfer would be able to be used as Evidence... Most times or maybe only at times if there is anything that someone could pick apart as being doctored or altered I would with the POLICE right there with me Show them the footage off my NVR or in my case one of my Many DVRs and or 1 NVR that I own. Let them see it is there and transfer 2 copies in front of them One for them, One for the Insurance company then after they have taken the one for them I would also Playback the other footage in my system looking for anything that might prove they were casing the joint for other things that might help with Collected evidence. Transfer that onto a Flash Drive and store it in my Safe incase I need it in the future. They say they lost it I have not only a Copy that would go to the Insurance Company they would at some time return to you. But also a backup that I keep for my records for no less then 3 years.
Be Safe.
bplynbrook

Post by bplynbrook »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:33 pm 80 cameras and 4NVR's? Something like this I am not sure anything outside of a direct transfer would be able to be used as Evidence... Most times or maybe only at times if there is anything that someone could pick apart as being doctored or altered I would with the POLICE right there with me Show them the footage off my NVR or in my case one of my Many DVRs and or 1 NVR that I own. Let them see it is there and transfer 2 copies in front of them One for them, One for the Insurance company then after they have taken the one for them I would also Playback the other footage in my system looking for anything that might prove they were casing the joint for other things that might help with Collected evidence. Transfer that onto a Flash Drive and store it in my Safe incase I need it in the future. They say they lost it I have not only a Copy that would go to the Insurance Company they would at some time return to you. But also a backup that I keep for my records for no less then 3 years.
Thanks for your tips , it was as a minor incident where a customer stole some beer and got into a altercation with the employee when he tried to stop him. I just expect much better support from Amcrest with this issue , I spent so much on these systems for all my locations and also my home and very disappointed that I can’t access the camera’s all together in one location as I was able to do before , they need to hurry up and fix this software , the beta is useless as you can only view the cameras while onsite at the location on the same network
jack7

Post by jack7 »

"...the beta is useless as you can only view the cameras while onsite at the location on the same network"

This thread sounds like P2P (serial#) added devices are supported. Try deleting and re-adding a failing P2P device to see if it helps.
Another way to access all your devices is to use Amcrest View Pro app on your phone or tablet. Just add all your P2P devices there. Or use PC Surveillance Pro with Mac Parallels and Windows, or an inexpensive PC Windows laptop.
bplynbrook

Post by bplynbrook »

I tried a few times ,the P2P is whats missing from this software , its basically useless without that for me at least , I need to be able to access these systems from my office
ssitruc

Post by ssitruc »

Just dl & installed and, so far, no real issues...only things I've notice is in the "Playback" there is a lag when clicking on anything, click "pause" takes about a full second to respond (same thing for all commands). Only other thing I have noticed is anytime I click on the System Config icon on the top right of the application, when that window opens it will always be half off the screen and has to be dragged into view. But so far all dialog boxes look normal and seem to respond accordingly. I'm using Catilina 10.15.3 with Mojave. Before I was using Windows (within Parallels) and running the windows version and that had even more issues to deal with... this Mac version seems to be on the way to being much better to work with... not there yet, but for a beta, better than what I was expecting.
ssitruc

Post by ssitruc »

1 other thing... every time I exit the program I get a "AmcrestSurveillancePro quit unexpectedly." message.
dsh1

Post by dsh1 »

I'm with others. I get the live images "cropped" - meaning zoomed in to the lower left quadrant of the image. Happens on all three cameras. Does not appear this way on the iOS app. Further, I get the "unexpected" quit upon quitting.

Any one have a fix for the cropping? I've tried as many settings as I possibly can.
fortnight

Post by fortnight »

Yes. What I do is launch the app on a Mac. Don't move the app after it opens then open the streams and leave it as is. I can move the app to a second monitor but once you try to resize the app or anything else it will then Crop in.