Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.0 Beta (Mac Only)

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Kwing

Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.0 Beta (Mac Only)

Post by Kwing »

Amcrest Users,

We welcome all our customers to our Software Beta testing. This beta is for Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.0 (code name SmartPSS) which will also be referred to as ASP 2.0 interchangeably. Below are details of how to participate, we will list any new features and known bugs with the new Test ASP. Let us know your feedback and if you discover any new bugs!

Caution :!:
This Test Software is only for Mac.

Known Issues:

1. P2P connection currently not available in beta version. We will be releasing P2P compatibility in future updates.

2. Playback on devices does not work 100% of the time. Downloading the file also does not function. This will be addressed in later updates as well.

Only for Mac 64-bit. Final version is still in the works for future development.

64-bit only. Upon release 32-bit and 64-bit versions are planned to be included and will function exactly the same except the 64-bit version will be more optimized for 64-bit PCs.

Software Beta
For Mac ONLY
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ycikwli8d2e8p ... 5.pkg?dl=0

Please leave any feedback, suggestions, or bugs you run into on this forum post. With your help, we hope to be able to address all bugs faster and be able to release the new ASP software sooner.

Thank you,
Kwing L.
WilliamA

Re: Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.0 Beta (Mac Only)

Post by WilliamA »

Initial install and config:
- 1 crash
- On live view:
  • -No zoom icon
    -No replay icon
    -No record icon
    -No microphone icon
- Playback behaves erratically

Thank you for working on the Mac version!!
ColoArtist

Post by ColoArtist »

Yes. Thank you for working on a 64-bit version for the Mac.
wcharliew

Post by wcharliew »

I've installed the latest Beta and had some positive progress I can get a live view of one of my cameras an IP5M-1173e

However,I can’t get SmartPSS either of my IP3M-943s, one wifi. one hardwired, to come on-line in the tool. I’ve created a new User/PSW with admin profile to be able to track logins in the camera syslogs and I don’t see any login requests coming to the IP3M cameras from that user. I’ve verified that the user works by logging in with those credentials from browsers and seeing the login in the cameras log file.

SmartPSS will login to the IP5M but functionality is extremely limited and with significant CPU load on my mac whether I’m doing something or not. The IP5M 1173es doesn’t appear to save logs so I have no idea how the login is happening. I’ve also tried to look at the SmartPSS logs but don’t see failed or successful login attempts for any of the cameras in the logs.

Any suggestions on how to get the IP3M to connect?

Additionally, with the IP5M when I try to configure the Video Detect (Device CFG-> Event -> Video Detect Button) I get a mouse pointer indication of activity for a few seconds when I press the button. Then nothing. And again nothing in the SmartPSS logs.

Any suggestions?
ClayMaster

Post by ClayMaster »

I am running the first release of the Beta on Mac and today I did some work with playback and noticed odd behavior.

I am using an IP2M-841EW. When I did a search for event activity I had numerous events. When played back each individual segment appeared to play in sequence, but they played back in rewind or reverse.

I could not see a setting that controlled this, so I wanted to put this out there if it is an issue with the beta.
quattleb

Post by quattleb »

Any further updates / new version of ASPro for Mac?

thank you
Kwing

Post by Kwing »

Hi guys, the new update is currently in development and will be released as soon as possible. Right now they are attempting to fix up those bugs mentioned and polish the application out for testing.
RHarbick

Post by RHarbick »

Just a suggestion if you're not comfortable using Beta software - you can download "IP Camera Viewer 2" from the App Store - very easy to configure and works with all Amcrest Cameras.
bryeartem

Post by bryeartem »

Video is also playing reversed for me also... can we get another updated beta? Surely you guys have made some progress.... This is still literally unusable.
dmsacco

Post by dmsacco »

@bryeartem Literally unusable was when MAC went to 64 bit, I'm thankful Amcrest is working on the software. With that being said, my video playback is also in reverse. Looking FORWARD to that being corrected (no pun intended). At least it is recording and you can see it, ya know?

Amcrest or @Kwing , where will you post updated software? Or will need to just check back?

Thanks!

Also probably a silly question...with the features like facial reg, people counting and heat map work? Or is that within the camera?