Adding cameras to ASP VIA P2P

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Adding cameras to ASP VIA P2P

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I thought I would write something about some things that has happened to me and I thought I would try it a few times and sure enough each time I was able to get the same Results... I am using the ASP 2.0 version and I have some cameras that are a few routers deep in my Network and I don't have local access to them via the IP address. So I do have access to one of them that I did setup on a DMZ with my Router however 1 DMZ per network and there are other things that I could do with my Router and network but I wanted to mess around with ASP and making P2P connections. First one back there I tried and was copying the SN from my Phone Amcrest View Pro app.

The first one I tired I made a mistake and the SN was added with a missing digit. *Didn't connect* I seen the mistake and clicked the Pencil and made the change it didn't connect still, I added another camera while I was waiting for that one to connect and it just wouldn't connect. The Second one did. So I removed the first one and added it a second time and this time I made sure the numbers and letters were right and now that one connected. So I thought could it be that some people are having issue because of a missing or wrong digit.. So I added 2 more cameras first one I messed up again adding another one and still the first one didn't connect after I made the correction with the Pencil. I trash can the connection and make the connection again making sure the numbers are right and it again makes the connection without fail..

So While I was able to get it to do the same thing 2 times in all it might have been just a Delay in the Server and making a corrections using the Pencil might work if the SN was wrong. However seeing it was different cameras and each time giving the connection loads of wait time after correction it is honestly for me best to Trash can the mistaken one and start over... I have added 6 cameras right now Via P2P that are in different network routers and are running good enough to monitor the cameras using ASP...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Dandelena

Re: Adding cameras to ASP VIA P2P

Post by Dandelena »

Tried multiple times to add a one of my P2P cameras in my latest install on a new machine of ASP but cant get the cameras connected. I did a serarch and found my2 local P2P cameras and added them and they are fine but none of my remote cameras added by typing in their SN and credentials work.

Any ideas ?

PS did the uninstall and reinstall of the SW but that didnt change the result
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

please confirm that they are Amcrest Cameras and not Smart home cameras If they are like ASH21 or ASH26 they have to be added VIA IP address to work..
Be Safe
Dandelena

Post by Dandelena »

All of the cameras I have operational are Amcrest cameras eg. IPM 751 and IPM 841, which work fonr off my iPhone, and actuall I can use SurveillancePro on two other PC's I have a Laptop and Deskside all running the same level of W10. So its something in this PC and SW combo thats not right

thanks for the assistance in helping with this

DD
Pennsel

Post by Pennsel »

I'm trying to add 3 cameras at a remote site to my ASP via P2P and they have added in, but always showing offline, but I have already added these 3 cameras by P2P into my Cell using the Amcrest Pro App and they work. What can be done to get these cameras to go online?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So it can be a Hit and Miss at times when it comes to ASP and P2P.. While talking with the Amcrest Staff about it some time back I was told a few different times that it is best Practice to use IP in ASP... My guess is because of the same issue that your having.. I will admit I do have a Camera in the A NW State, that for some reason it won't connect over P2P, The camera is setup for P2P and I know it works because I can access it over my Cell Phone. However I just can't seem to get it to work on ASP at my home on the East Coast. So I did move a few things around last time i was there and changed out one of my NVR for another one and now access it over ASP using that NVR Only downfall with that is I can't access the camera to make changes outside like I can being able to access the camera direct..

Outside of that only thing I could think of is that Connection issue? I mean if it works on your Phone in theory it should work in ASP. However there is a lot that can happen with that in it self.. Are there other cameras working in ASP over P2P? Or all of the Cameras you have tried to connect P2P won't connect?

Then it comes down to maybe there is an issue with your Computer blocking the P2P ports or your computer don't have access to the Internet.. Limited Connection Speed? Again a few different things can happen..
Be Safe