Adding AD410 to Surveillance Pro ???

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Amcres4RcW

Adding AD410 to Surveillance Pro ???

Post by Amcres4RcW »

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... Pro-AD410-
explains how to add a device to the app for customizing video settings.

I'm unable to add the AD410

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Adding AD410 to Surveillance Pro ???

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

While it says you can you might not want to.. Keep in mind that the info you seek is already posted on the forum and also my findings as well.

While this can be done Only making 2 changes within my AD410 had made the picture look so bad that even after making changes to meet some changes another person used to make theirs look better I could still see that the quality of Video was better before ever making any changes.. I have since Reset my AD410 back to factory and will not be making any changes to it VIA ASP or IP config..

So about connecting your AD410, I was able to connect both methods to ASP, however Only way to get ASP to so a Picture of the AD410 was to setup in ASP under IP Configuration method of setting it up..

IF you don't have a Router that has a IP Table where you can find your AD410 then you can click on the Smart HOme app, click on the camera, Click the COG top Right, click on Device Information, in there it will give you the IP address for your Doorbell

With that said there are some things you need to know about this.. Today your AD410 might be setup with that IP however if the power went out or if your router power cycled and when it hands out IP's that IP might be different next time and it won't load in ASP so you would have to keep track of what IP your camera is on to keep using it within the ASP software, If your router has the ability to setup a Static Route for a connected device then that is what you will want to setup so the IP for the AD410 never changes after a reboot

Please keep in mind once you make change to your AD410 and you feel you can't get it to look as nice as it did to start with only way to fix it is to just preform a Factory Reset and this is done by removing the camera and using the PIN that you use to remove the camera to slide in the VERY SMALL hole in the back under the MSD Flap...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Amcres4RcW

Post by Amcres4RcW »

https://amcrest.com/forum/memberlist.ph ... 767968dff8
Yes, I agree with what you are saying.
The IP on the router matches the IP from the app.
I've tried adding using serial number also.
I think it may be a problem with Username and/or password.
I'm using the same as for the Smart Home app.
???
Maybe I should Delete & start from scratch.
???
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I will admit something I found about ASP for me anyway...

If I am setting up the cameras and I have an issue with my setup and try to change in ASP for some reason it just keeps failing so I have to Delete the device from the setup and start over. Even if I miss a letter or number in the password or anything. IF I make change it never connects even when everything is 100% correct.. Since then I found Pressing the trash can and removing the device setup again it connects. Just for the AD410 at this time for me anyway if I load with SN it will load and give me a Green light however it will never show a picture when I try to see itin live view so I removed setup in IP mode and it now is able to be run in ASP...
Be Safe
BlueWilster

Post by BlueWilster »

I had added my AD410 doorbell to Windows Amcrest Surveillance Pro app, and that totally screwed up the video image quality. I did a hard factory reset of the unit using the pinhole near the microSD card.

But even after doing a factory reset, the video image quality still seems poorer than original factory settings. One thing I notice is that Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) no longer works. I tried factory reset several times, but WDR still no longer works. How can I fix this? Please help.

I regret ever attempting to use my doorbell with ASP. :(
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I personally had not used my AD410 on ASP until someone had said they made some changes that didn't make the camera look very good, then making changes that made it look better and personally after using it on ASP making a change then the change to make it look better it still didn't look as good as it once did before playing in ASP.. I removed it from ASP, Reset my Camera and everything went back to looking like it should.. I don't use WDR on my camera most times so after your post I went to look at my AD410 and the WDR is still working on my camera..

Do you have it connected in ASP? Are you trying to access WDR over ASP or over the APP? I did mine on the app so again as I said I removed it from ASP, I do have it working on my NVR for monitoring the camera... Outside that I won't add it back to ASP to take a chance to forget not to make changes that will force me to have to Reset the device again...

Might want to start a Support Ticket and see if your Doorbell needs to be Returned for a Replacement because mine is working as Expected after Removing from ASP and Reset...
Be Safe