AD110 Playback - Failed to get the first frame video

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
arlmac

AD110 Playback - Failed to get the first frame video

Post by arlmac »

I am using Amcrest Surveillance Pro to view and playback video from my Amcrest Doorbell Camera AD110. Viewing works fine. Unfortunately, when I want to payback an event that has been recorded I get this message: "Failed to get the first frame video. The first stream is zero." I have reformatted my microSD card in the device, but this did not solve the issue. Anyone else ever experience this message? Anyone have ideas on how to solve? Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 Playback - Failed to get the first frame video

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum

While this camera works with other things outside of the Smart Home App.. I am going to guess that your playback isn't working over ASP is caused by the way Smart Home Products work.. This is a Guess,, When you try to playback from a Smart Home product even on its own MSD the system sends the Cloud a Q&A and if the answer comes back null or not the one it is looking for it will fail...

When you want to play back I would only play back from ASP if you want to play back from the MSD I would use the Amcrest Smart Home App
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
arlmac

Post by arlmac »

Revo2Maxx - Thank you for your reply and insight. I thought that building my security cameras around Amcrest products was a good idea, but the more I learn, the less enthused I have become. I would conclude that Amcrest must have inconsistencies in how they've built their cameras within the Smart Home application. My other Amcrest camera ADC2W also uses the Smart Home app, has a MicroSD card for recording, (just like my Amcrest AD110 video doorbell) and works just fine for playback using Amcrest Surviellance Pro. I was initially thinking about purchasing an Amcrest NVR to record with instead of the MicroSD cards, but now I'm unsure that this would be a good decision? I'm rather new to this, so thanks for any and all advice you might have to share.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I have NVR and DVR that I have had connected to my AD110 and works great.. Sadly there are some issues on I am going to guess a Cloud Based Smart Home product like the AD110 is.. While all Smart Home Products are not made equal they are made with Smart Home APP in mind.. Most people have in the first month of Release learned that using the AD110 on a non Smart Home product and making changes within the camera over that product has caused the product to Brick in some cases.. Others some found after a Reset it fixed but out of Caution don't make any changes inside the doorbell camera outside of the Smart Home app...

Other then that I record full time right now on my NVR Amcrest 2116-HS without issue.. I have tested it working on my TVI DVR in a Ip channel, my CVI dvr in a IP channel, my 4108h NVR and out of them all it looks best on the NVR it is loaded on now so it stays there.. I did also check my 5208 CVI Dahua dvr as well and they all worked with the AD110 just picture quality wasn't as good as it is now.. So I have MSD installed and full time NVR recording in case someone thought it would be cool to walk off with it lol...
Be Safe
edhahn01

Post by edhahn01 »

I too have the same problem. AD110 video doorbell in addached to survalence pro. It does show there are records recorded in the sd card in the doorbell but will not play them. A message Failed to get first frame video. The firststream is zero. This was working for seceral months but stopped with this errot. I have factory reset the Doorbell formatted the sd card and reinstalled survellance pro to no avail. Secondly I have not been able to record to the PC-NVR hard Drive.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@edhahn01 Hello and Welcome to the Forum

In ASP I would make sure that you have added PC-NVR to your device list. This is done by adding your computer IP. In the new version of ASP if I remember right it will offer you a PC-NVR when you do a Search for devices. Once you add it and put in the password for it you will want to close down and Restart PC-NVR from the System Tray. Or Reboot your computer either way works. Also once you bring up your computer if you Reboot it. Make sure that PC-NVR is setup to Start Automatic when you start Windows. Then load ASP again. Now you will want to go to devices, bring up PC-NVR in there and you will want to setup a HDD space. IF you don't have a HDD for just PC-NVR then figure out how much time you want to have stored and save 100gig more then you want or 50gig.. Anyway once you are done and add your camera. Reboot the ASP again and Restart PC-NVR from system tray then load ASP again.. Personally I would setup PC-NVR for full time recording for the Doorbell, and the Doorbell MSD for motion events.. You will need to run the events off the Smart Home app as I am not sure that it can play in ASP from that camera.. TO be fair the doorbell is a Smart Home product and while it does work in DVR/NVR's and other recording hardware or software it isn't 100% safe as some features can get altered when they shouldn't under normal Smart Home app use..
Be Safe
LTTL004

Post by LTTL004 »

I will note that indeed, the AD110 will not playback recorded sdcard events via the Pro app, and gets the "first frame request" message. However, it IS possible to download those recordings (as mp4 if you wish). That seems to work OK, within the normal limitations of the devices and app. Also, the app itself seems to run fine under wine on Ubuntu (same problems as on Windows, but it installs and runs).