64 bit Software for Mac

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
JPinter

64 bit Software for Mac

Post by JPinter »

The Mac OS will soon make all 32 bit programs obsolete. I need to access my cameras when away from home and use the Amcrest Surveillance Pro software. My computer tells me that the program is 32 bit and I will no longer be able to use it with the new version of the operating system. I cannot seem to find a 64 bit version of the program. Is anybody else faced who this problem and what are you doing?

Thanks, John
JPinter

Re: 64 bit Software for Mac

Post by JPinter »

My iMac has a 64 bit processor (core i5) but the message is that any 32 bit program will not run on the next Mac OS. I have checked all my programs and the Amcrest Surveillance Pro is shown as a 32 Bit program. According to Apple this will no longer work in the next major release of the OS. How will I be able to view my cameras when away from home without having to use their cloud which I don't need?

If I read you right then the program will run just fine even though Apple says it won't. If that's the case I have nothing to worry about. I want to be prepared when I do the upgrade.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

You could try Windows 10 Surveillance Pro with Boot Camp or Parallels on your Mac.
Or try remote IOS or Android Amcrest View Pro app for the cameras or NVR connected to your local network.
Or get a Windows PC.
JPinter

Post by JPinter »

I do have VMware with win10 installed but it is very very slow and a pain to use. If I start it up I only use it and not my mac since it takes some of my ram away. Not good for productivity. I have another mac in my summer home where the cameras are but I also have a seperate Win10 computer I run Surveillance pro on and also use it as an NVR.

Like you suggested I installed Win10 in the iMac computer I use in my summer home. I then remove the hard drive and put it in my iMac at my winter home but Windows balks and wants me to buy another copy. Running two different copies together on Win10 doesn’t seem very platable to me.

I can view the cameras by logging onto my windows 10 machine over the internet but I really don’t want to. I would rather use a dedicated app or secure web site. Besides being safer it is a more elegant way to view the cameras.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply.
baneox

Post by baneox »

Thanks, John[/quote]
To see if your Mac's processor is 32-bit or 64-bit, go to the Apple menu and choose About This Mac. Below the operating system version and computer model name you'll see your processor. If the processor is an Intel Core Solo or Intel Core Duo, it's 32-bit only. Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher
Open the Task Manager by simultaneously pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys on your keyboard. Then, click on the Processes tab. In the Processes tab, you see the list of processes that are running at the moment. If a program is 32-bit, near its name you should see the text: *32
We can say so. Basically, your 64-bit CPU will not use its full potentials, but it will run just fine with 32-bit OS. You won't be able to use more than 4GB of RAM (more will be available if you use Physical Address Extension - Wikipedia). ... The only difference is in the utilisation of the CPU and physical memory access.[/quote]

Thanks kingbily this combination works well for me. As for 32bit they can not it obsolete like that.
WilliamA

Post by WilliamA »

Amcrest should update the Mac Surveillance Pro to be 64 bit. No workarounds should be required. We are also waiting for a new Safari compatible plugin for Mac.
TheFiddl3r

Post by TheFiddl3r »

I hope I'm wrong, but based upon the fact that the Mac version of Amcrest Surveillance Pro is bug ridden and hasn't been updated for years I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on Amcrest. Personally I will drop Amcrest and move to another vendor if an updated version of Amcrest Surveillance Pro for the MacOS isn't ready by the time the next version of MacOS leaves beta.
WilliamA wrote:Amcrest should update the Mac Surveillance Pro to be 64 bit. No workarounds should be required. We are also waiting for a new Safari compatible plugin for Mac.
James.S

Post by James.S »

TheFiddl3r wrote:I hope I'm wrong, but based upon the fact that the Mac version of Amcrest Surveillance Pro is bug ridden and hasn't been updated for years I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on Amcrest. Personally, I will drop Amcrest and move to another vendor if an updated version of Amcrest Surveillance Pro for the MacOS isn't ready by the time the next version of MacOS leaves beta.
WilliamA wrote:Amcrest should update the Mac Surveillance Pro to be 64 bit. No workarounds should be required. We are also waiting for a new Safari compatible plugin for Mac.

We are Working on both, We are finalizing a new platform that will bring back the compatibility of Safari.

We are also revising the Survalence Pro Software we just created a great video explaining in great detail the features of the software. You can view it here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dat-wff-dY)
TheFiddl3r

Post by TheFiddl3r »

I am about ready to drop Amcrest. I decided to keep it around and install ASP in my Parallels Windows 7 install. IPConfig went well but I am totally unable to even start the install of ASP for the startup display does not show the complete window. The buttons are missing so I'm forced to end the task. When the task is ended the ASP setup program does present the OK button. Does anyone know how to get around this dilemma? I've tried using several different display resolutions and still get the same window.
Attachments
Screen 2019-10-19 at 10.28.38 PM.png
Screen 2019-10-19 at 10.28.38 PM.png (854.56 KiB) Viewed 6053 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry to hear your Win7 setup isn't working. I am going to guess that it might be because Win7 is due to expire in Jan 2020 3 months away I am not sure a release will be out that would install on Win7 To be Honest Most of Win 7 is already EOL like Home, Starter and the other lower level Win7. While that don't mean it can't work for a computer that just means software won't support it and they won't do more updates to it as of 2020.
Be Safe.