64 bit Software for Mac

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
bryeartem

Re: 64 bit Software for Mac

Post by bryeartem »

One thing I hadn’t noticed right away.. there is two different versions of the beta posted.. if you have the beta software that says “Smart PSS” that is the older one.. there is a link to a “newer” one in the other thread.. definitely more functional, but still feel we deserve a progress update... https://www.dropbox.com/s/yoe8omfjmwyf7 ... g.zip?dl=0

Here is the forum post..

https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-surve ... 13396.html

maybe next time the will list the version when posting... only noticed the obscure date at the end differed from the software I originally installed
tvlarry

Post by tvlarry »

Best solution I found, scrap the Mac Surveillance Pro usage and just purchase a windows laptop to use for your camera system, and let Amcrest Software techs continue their work. Apple platform is very difficult and very time consuming to write a program with no bugs. They really should hire an Apple Programmer directly to help with this because after a year we still do not have a working platform. I know other camera manufacturers are having the same issue, Qsee is one of them and moving away from Mac OS to a Windows laptop is going to save us all hours of time and testing.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

On the Note for testing... It can be hard for people of a Product to do 100% testing of the product before release and is main reason that some use Beta Test people... Then people can test the system and when found an issue the issue can get back to the R&D so they can get worked out. Sadly this can take time in loads of different platforms this is used.. Most times it is on the LOW LOW so people can't get all upset because it is broke or don't work as a NON beta tester then trashes the company and or product and is bad for normal progress... Company makes something, they test it for a few minutes for function.. Click on this link test that link see that the Slide bar works that the things can toggle on and off.. But that isn't real world use and at times can not really know true function of the device...

However for the normal real user (tester), they can get the software, do things in the software that they need or want to do under normal every day use and when it fail if it fails report back for some extra programming... Sadly most times people don't Report back and or don't report back to the right place... So then things are not sorted out right and the bugs remain in system.
Be Safe.