64 bit Software for Mac

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: 64 bit Software for Mac

Post by longedge »

@ TheFiddl3r - I'm not sure how good the Windows emulation is in Parallels but if this was on a PC then the cause is very specific. It's caused by the fact that the installer is not scaling aware. The remedy is to set your display resolution to what you actually want it to be and then set display scaling to 100%. The installer window would then be correctly displayed.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
TheFiddl3r

Post by TheFiddl3r »

Thanks for the response. I had already tried all settings for the display resolution. It didn't matter what resolution I tried the image within the installation window was exactly the same. It should be noted the ifconfig installation went perfectly on the Windows VM.

I'll also add the ASP is the *only* application I have video problems with.

I decided to try installing High Sierra in a Parallels VM.

I ended up with another problem with ASP--*almost* everything works as it does in my normal system. The only difference, and it makes ASP unusable, is the display is scrambled as if it was out of sync.

I tried using the VM Safari to access the camera and the video is normal. To say the least this hasn't improved my feelings toward the 32 bit ASP.
Attachments
Screen 2019-10-20 at 7.09.15 AM.png
Screen 2019-10-20 at 7.09.15 AM.png (4.49 MiB) Viewed 1759 times
jack7

Post by jack7 »

TheFiddl3r

Post by TheFiddl3r »

jack7 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:20 am Update
Try this:
https://amcrest.com/forum/ip-cameras-f1 ... t8644.html
Thanks much! The last post in that thread, by mromamcrest, solved the install. Now to get familiar with it on Windows so I can move my macOS to Catalina.
Pezman1

Post by Pezman1 »

TheFiddl3r wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:32 pm I am about ready to drop Amcrest. I decided to keep it around and install ASP in my Parallels Windows 7 install. IPConfig went well but I am totally unable to even start the install of ASP for the startup display does not show the complete window. The buttons are missing so I'm forced to end the task. When the task is ended the ASP setup program does present the OK button. Does anyone know how to get around this dilemma? I've tried using several different display resolutions and still get the same window.
It's a Win7 thing. I run it in Win10 via Parallels and it's just fine.
Carney80

Post by Carney80 »

Its been several months, any updates on a 64-bit Survaliance Pro application? or Safari Plugin?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
tadams66

Post by tadams66 »

It's been a year and the Amcrestview.com plugin still doesn't work with Mac Safari. Based on that, it will probably be years before a 64 bit version of Surveillance Pro is ready. I have 12 cameras, that I can't monitor with the new Mac OS.If this lasts until after the beginning of 2020, I'll have to switch to another brand.
Kwing

Post by Kwing »

TheFiddl3r wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:32 pm I am about ready to drop Amcrest. I decided to keep it around and install ASP in my Parallels Windows 7 install. IPConfig went well but I am totally unable to even start the install of ASP for the startup display does not show the complete window. The buttons are missing so I'm forced to end the task. When the task is ended the ASP setup program does present the OK button. Does anyone know how to get around this dilemma? I've tried using several different display resolutions and still get the same window.

Good afternoon, I believe I seen this occur before on Windows 7 systems. I had to do some playing around but I found this method should help get around that problem.

1. tab 2 times, then enter.
2. tab 4 times, press space bar, then enter or one more tab key.
3. tab 3 times.

Install should finish up

Then tab 2 times enter, this should finish the setup.
64BitMacUser

Post by 64BitMacUser »

Okay, I am in the same boat... We have been waiting over a year for a 64-bit Mac solution of Survaliance Pro...

Amcrest, can we get an update? I'm looking to buy three more cameras, but at this point may have to switch vendors. You're hardware is excellent, but this software is causing issues. Our company has 1 MacBook left with 32 bit, and it is scheduled to get upgraded soon.
tadams66 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:29 pm It's been a year and the Amcrestview.com plugin still doesn't work with Mac Safari. Based on that, it will probably be years before a 64 bit version of Surveillance Pro is ready. I have 12 cameras, that I can't monitor with the new Mac OS.If this lasts until after the beginning of 2020, I'll have to switch to another brand.