2 PCs running ASP. Out of sync

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
dpavlicek

2 PCs running ASP. Out of sync

Post by dpavlicek »

Hello,

We have a strange issue I was curious if the forum could help with.

We have 128 cameras tied to 4 4432 NVR's. When looking at the NVR's primary screen, all of the cameras are in sync time wise and there is very little lag. That tells me that the NVR is keeping up with the recording process.

We also have 2 PCs (PC1, PC2) running ASP each driving 3 monitors to view live video. While looking at PC1, all of the cameras are in sync, specifically where objects are at and their clocks. Same goes for PC2. But when comparing PC1 and PC2, we have noticed they are out of sync, roughly 11 seconds. People/Objects are delayed and it makes it hard to watch, kind of like an echo in a room. Any thoughts on what could be going wrong? If the clocks on the PC's was off, would that cause this?

Thanks,
Dave
dpavlicek

Re: 2 PCs running ASP. Out of sync

Post by dpavlicek »

One more note: The number of seconds out of sync is not consistent.
dpavlicek

Post by dpavlicek »

We solved the issue by connecting directly to the NVR. If you use P2P, you may have all kinds of issues. By going direct, almost all these issues were resolved.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If you mean going Direct as in Over IP that might have cured your issue however now exposed 4 NVR's to the internet for Hackers to play with. Keep in mind that if your machines are like any of my NVR's you might want to setup a email account that isn't to your own domain. Meaning something like setting up your Password Reset email to a msn, gmail, yahoo, hotmail or something that isn't tied to your own domain. I say this because someone sniffing data on the 4432 not sure where your located however lets say in the usa. using a common search tool you can see there are 102 NV4432 NVR's in the USA connected to the Internet, Then if someone wanted to try and point to your NVR's if they are in a single IP someone could do a new search for that and then maybe and I don't know seeing I am not a hacker and only test my own hardware and not other peoples, However lets say that 1 of them was setup for yourpersonal domain dot com and someone was able to try and learn more things about what the password might be off your domain, or even find weaknesses in your domain that might then leak your passwords. (Using a common email server won't lend any help to your info in theory) Then with 1 command I could learn what all the passwords are that is connected to that NVR, Be it FTP, DDNS, each cameras SN, and password.. Keep in mind using your machines forwarded to the Internet you open your world of a new type of hurt..

Then hackers also learn and do things that are not even known at times to others for a good long time. By then someone could have access to more then your NVR's depending what your Cameras are facing..

Also just kind of as some info that might be to much info.. In Dallas there is someone that has 2 NVR's tied to the same IP on different FW and while I didn't go any deeper that looking at that it might be that the older FW NVR is one that has issues known to a Hacker and they could exploit that and while not having info about the second it might have same pass as the other and now they have access to one that has more secure FW..

P2P is much better, No one without your SN, and Pass would even know where to start. By the way Being on the Internet the SN is posted by default. Someone trying to harvest data already has all the SN of any device they searched.

Edit: One last thing I thought Might be important, I would change the Log in attempts to lower number then the default. Also would add an alarm for bad log in attempt so it not only logs it but your also aware that someone tried to log in more then your setup times!
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe