What is the most connection-stable firmware for the AD410?

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
adoucette

What is the most connection-stable firmware for the AD410?

Post by adoucette »

Which firmware version for the AD410 maintains the most stable connection to wifi?
My ad410 drops wifi and reconnects multiple times per hour, and it's less than 20ft from a unifi wifi access point. None of my other devices have a similar problem.
I recall reading somewhere that one particular firmware version for the AD410 is known to drop wifi and reconnect less often (and it wasn't the latest version IIRC).

This has also asked elsewhere without response, so forking it off into its own thread.
adoucette wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:26 am What is the consensus on the best firmware version(s) for the AD410?
I ask because I'm running 230810 but it frequently drops its wifi connection (though it is very close to a Unifi AC Pro hotspot and reports that it gets good signal). I'm pulling an RTSP stream from it using Frigate in HomeAssistant.
Thanks in advance.
Ari
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: What is the most connection-stable firmware for the AD410?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I hate to say I don't think it is a FW issue. While it might have been an issue at one time there is so much that can cause this kind of issue. When this happens first thing to do is Remove it from any 3rd party hardware or software. Do a factory Reset and setup the camera let it run a day or 2 on the normal app that it was designed for. I say this because I have taken a good AD410 with a good FW working for a long time and added it to a NVR or Software and just the adding it caused the camera to act up. The issue is some hardware and some software will make changes in 1 way or another from the start. At times we might not know what the changes were or that there was any changes that was needed for it to work. Either way doing what I said above removing it from the device or the software and doing a reset made my doorbell no longer disconnect over and over again yelling out that it is connecting to network and so on..

My guess is that your doorbell had some changes made using some 3rd party software or hardware and has caused this. Even making changes that the Amcrest Website says can be made to the camera using IP Config Tools will cause the same issue. Personally I wouldn't make any changes to the cameras Default from factory setup unless you want issue that requires a Hard Reset each time.
Be Safe.