Video Doorbell CONSTANTLY chiming

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
amcrest168

Re: Video Doorbell CONSTANTLY chiming

Post by amcrest168 »

@KarlHungus53, if you're unable to perform a factory reset on the doorbell, you will need to rma the doorbell for a replacement. i highly doubt you can burn out the chime kit unless it was defective to boot.
KarlHungus53

Post by KarlHungus53 »

I've been trying to request an RMA. I guess I'll be making a 6th phone call tonight.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

there is an option to request rma online.
https://amcrest.com/rma
KarlHungus53

Post by KarlHungus53 »

I reconnected my old standard push button so that I can have a functioning doorbell while this gets sorted out. I took out my meter again and confirmed I get 18v at the transformer and 18v at the doorbell and chime (when the button is depressed of course.) I clearly do not have any wiring or transformer issues.
KarlHungus53

Post by KarlHungus53 »

Also, my chime only requires a 10vA transformer, and I am using a 30vA, as Amcrest recommends.
KarlHungus53

Post by KarlHungus53 »

amcrest168 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:33 pm there is an option to request rma online.
https://amcrest.com/rma
I saw that, but it requires a Support Confirmation Code from their Support team, which is what I have been trying to get from them.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

KarlHungus53 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:46 am I reconnected my old standard push button so that I can have a functioning doorbell while this gets sorted out. I took out my meter again and confirmed I get 18v at the transformer and 18v at the doorbell and chime (when the button is depressed of course.) I clearly do not have any wiring or transformer issues.
i agree. it's important we can rule out power and wiring. sorry to hear it's taking you some time to get a rma going. hope you hear back from them soon.
KarlHungus53

Post by KarlHungus53 »

I finally received my replacement unit yesterday. I installed it and the camera is working perfectly and my chime is not ringing constantly like last time, but I wouldn't say my chime is working properly.

I initially put my setting to "digital chime" and the chime would do nothing when I pushed the button. I changed the setting to Mechanical Chime and still nothing. Then I changed it to no chime and the chime will sound when I press the button, but only for about a second. My digital chime has numerous sounds you can pick I and use the standard DING DONG sound. It plays the DING and stops. The button on the chime to change sounds no longer does anything either. I tried a hard reset of the doorbell and also tried the reset button on the chime, but it made no difference. This chime is on Amcrest's approved list, Hampton Bay HB-7612-02 (1001 407 776). This chime is sold widely at Home Depot. Does anybody else have this chime and have it working properly, or should I just replace it with a mechanical one?
KarlHungus53

Post by KarlHungus53 »

Also, I do NOT have the diode installed, as the manual for the door chime says is required, but Amcrest insists is not required.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

there is no need to install the diode with the ad110. i have been helped a neighbor with his ad110 and in candor, mechanical 'ding dong' chimes are much simpler than digital chimes because digital chimes need sustained current flow for the digital song to comlete. if you decide to use a mechanical chime, i would still configure it as a digital chime to allow more current to the mechanical chime.