Updated AD110 FW WDR looks great

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Updated AD110 FW WDR looks great

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I did the update after someone had some issue with HA, So if you use home assistant with your AD110 you might want to wait for the update. However I turned on WDR and wow it was very nice clear picture that has been missing from other FW of the past.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Re: Updated AD110 FW WDR looks great

Post by GaryOkie »

Thanks Revo for sharing. "Might want to wait"...? No might to it, for HASS users, it's a definite DO NOT!

I'm curious, were any release notes provided with this update? Please post them here if so.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Got the bin file so there was no update info for me sorry.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

However while WDR did look nice. To be complete I did just Reboot the Doorbell after having it working all night with WDR on. After a Reboot WDR is off. So it seems that after a reboot things would have to be turned back on Darn it..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So about this last update. After some more testing I will say that if you turn on WDR, and or change IR from Auto to off that setting will not stay after a Reboot. I did turn in the info about WDR yesterday I will update support with the IR not being retained as well. I know that some people have some issues when it comes to having the settings stay as set.

Why? Well if your system has issue with IR causing your camera to reboot at night the new FW will be a problem. So looks like the FW will need to be fixed in more ways then just not working in HA..

Hope everyone has had a Safe day today
Be Safe
HutchMD

Post by HutchMD »

I recently updated my firmware to 1.000.00AC008.2.R.220907 and found that in the Home Assistant integration, I cannot use the Motion Sensor anymore, it will say "Unavailable".

Is this something you've experienced when you say it's not working in HA?
(I saw this thread too late.... sad)

...Is there a way for me to roll back to the previous version so I can utilize my sensors in HA?
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Yes. See the posts here - https://amcrest.com/forum/ip-cameras-f1 ... tml#p41594

which includes an official response from Amcrest.
HutchMD

Post by HutchMD »

Thanks! I got it downgraded!