Transformer for AD110 Randomly Buzzing?

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
mbster

Transformer for AD110 Randomly Buzzing?

Post by mbster »

Anyone experiencing random buzzing/humming at the transformer for the AD110? This issue started at close to the same time as the server started going down and am still experiencing it randomly since the new firmware.

I have the Hampton Bay 16VAC/30VA doorbell transformer https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay ... /309792479 hooked up to the chime kit.

This buzzing/humming happens randomly throughout the day (and night I presume though cannot be sure as I'm not awake). It seems a smack to the wall or cover of the doorbell chime stops the buzzing until it comes back later on.

Thoughts on how to resolve?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Transformer for AD110 Randomly Buzzing?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly a Transformer that isn't mounted well can hum and or rattle... One thing I have seen done is little washers put in place that will suppress that.. I personally don't like that idea because it should be well mounted to the box it is installed in...

One reason it can do that is because it is starting to fail and or it is under powered for the task... So just to be safe when you go to replace it now or later where you feel the need.. I would personally look for a 16vac 45va or 50va then it will not over work the one you have now...
Be Safe.