Stubborn AD410 won't connect to SH

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
timtrace2

Stubborn AD410 won't connect to SH

Post by timtrace2 »

Greetings, I've had an AD410 running at my place for a few weeks. Sometime in the last 2-3 days, it stopped working with SH.

There were no changes to my firewall in the this timeframe. TCPDump shows the AD410 chatting nicely with external hosts in amcrestview.com and zencamcloud.com.

It's still working with my DVR over RTSP; I also can use Survelliance Pro and IP Config to manage it. But Smart Home -- nope.

I did a hard reset, three times now. No joy. Ugh. Every time, the doorbell would announce that it was connected to the network. Every time, I'd check the WiFi on my phone to make sure it was back on the regular SSID, and click next. Every time the app would timeout trying to register the device. Ugh.

Any ideas why this might be happening? Thank you --
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Stubborn AD410 won't connect to SH

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

So from the sounds of it there is a Network issue with the Device working outside your local network. However what is odd is that you said TCPDumps say something different? I mean was that before you tried to reset it because once it is reset if you don't get the Connected to Network prompt then there is no connection to the .coms you listed?

So I would double check that there is internet access to the Ad410. Make sure that it is still powered on and not Power Pin Bricked *Meaning it works on USB but not on normal Doorbell power*

If I black list my camera from my Router I can still access the camera on my NVR's and other things within my local network. No connection to the Router no connection to the network.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
timtrace2

Post by timtrace2 »

Thank you for being so quick with a reply on a Friday evening!

I could have been more clear, I apologize. Let me try again.

The doorbell has been reset 3X during the troubleshooting process; it is at this moment connected to my WiFi network; it has pulled an IP address by DHCP; I can ping it; I can use Amcrest IP Configuration and Surveillance Pro to configure it; it is talking to my DVR over RTSP; and TCPDump on my firewall shows it chatting away to external hosts. It will not connect to Smart Home, however. I can hard reset it and step through the configuration wizard, but when it comes to the point that it registers the camera with the Smart Home servers, it times out.
timtrace2

Post by timtrace2 »

It is now/again working.

I reset again and used a second phone’s hotspot in the setup wizard. When it came time to rejoin the regular SSID, I put my phone (running SmartHome) onto the same hotspot. Bingo, registered in seconds. I then changed the doorbell WiFi to the regular SSID, clicked save, and moved my phone with the app back to the regular network. All is now well.

It had to have been something with my network. If I figure it out, I’ll post a reply.

@Revo2Maxx - is there a complete and maintained list of destination IPs or ranges, and ports for Amcrest connected equipment? If there is not, Amcrest should consider doing it for the goodwill of their customers. Are you in a position to make that request heard?

Thanks again for discussing this with me.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There used to be an area for IP's however that has now changed because of an issue that came up in the AD110 area of the world. Since then they changed the way the cameras contact the server as there is just to large of an area for 1 or 2 servers to support So now it is as you have stated before with the zen and P2P dot com addresses as in different areas of the world and even different areas of the USA they will result into a different IP range for that area..

I had typed up something else about it might fix it self and after trying to hit Submit I see it has..

Edit: I guess not it self but your fix.. Also just keep in mind if your working with a Mesh Router things don't want to work well for many on a Mesh network and IP cameras
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
timtrace2

Post by timtrace2 »

Thanks - I have geolocation blocks on inbound traffic which shouldn’t affect outward states initiated from my private space, but maybe something weird happened with AWS or whatever other providers are being used.

No mesh network here - just good ol’ managed WiFi.