Stop Motion Notifications / Keep Doorbell Ring Notifications

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
savona

Stop Motion Notifications / Keep Doorbell Ring Notifications

Post by savona »

We have installed the amcrest doorbell and everything is working great.

We live in a busy area and there is a lot of motion in front of our door. We get a notification every 2 minutes about motion.

Is it possible to silence the motion notifications, but still get the notifications when the doorbell button is pushed?

We are both using android phones.

Thanks
amcrest168

Re: Stop Motion Notifications / Keep Doorbell Ring Notifications

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @savona, you can turn off motion detection but leave call notification on directly from the smart home app.
savona

Post by savona »

But I would still like it to record the motion, just not alert me to it every time. Most of the time it is innocent people walking by. But if something happens, I would like to have it recorded.
Oliverjschramm

Post by Oliverjschramm »

I just noticed this post after posting the same thing in the feature request page. This is a real problem for me too. Constantly getting notified about motion events. I would like the be able to have motion recorded without being push notified in the app while still getting notified if the doorbell is rang. Push notifications for doorbell and motion need to have options separated in the app.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure I understand what is going on... I have motion turned off on my Doorbell and I still get alerts if the doorbell is pushed and pushes the notice to my phone so I can Mute, answer or hangup?
Be Safe.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

if you turned off motion detection from the smart home app, the doorbell no longer records motion detection clips. what users are asking for is to continue recording motion detection but stop motion detection push notification. the call notification setting on the smart home app is all or nothing. users are asking for 'turning off' call notification for motion detection but leave call notification 'turned on' for the doorbell button pushed.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok I see what your saying I think... Have motion on to record clips but don't have the Push alerts for the motion until someone pushes the doorbell?
Be Safe.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

sir yes sir. :)
Oliverjschramm

Post by Oliverjschramm »

Any updates to this?
Very annoying motion notifications!!!!!!
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

my ad110 motion detection push notification to my phone has stopped. it appears when motion detection recording for the doorbell is setup from the nvr, it stops the motion detection push notifications to the phone. motion detection no longer works on the doorbell.