Smart Home Download Error message

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
JB1999

Smart Home Download Error message

Post by JB1999 »

I've reset , reformatted, unplugged, and replugged everything .. router ( cable WiFi ). I have the ASH42-W model .. 2 of them.
For a moment in time after i restart everything i can download clips from the footage to my Iphone 11 and currently Iphone 14 just fine. Then after a window of time passes I get and error message ...

" To download, your device and mobile phone must be on the same WiFi network "

They ARE on the same network !!! .. my router puts out 2 signals 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz .. both cameras and phone are on the same 2.4 ghz network ...
They are about 25 feet from the router .. i have 8-10 gb upload speed 100-200 download speed
I can see all the motion clips recorded under each camera SD card and view them fine !!
I have a Google battery camera and i can download clips from that easily within a minute or 2 or it being fully notified / uploaded !

Does anyone know why i can not download clips after some time passes after reboot ? I find it funny that no one else seems to have this issue and nothing comes up in search anywhere !!!

thanks !!

jesse

IMG_9919.jpg
IMG_9919.jpg (407.29 KiB) Viewed 920 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Smart Home Download Error message

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

If I had to guess it sounds like you are using a Mesh network and when the system changes access point for connection the system chokes and it won't work again the way it does when you first connect and are able to access it..

My guess is that you will want to force a SSID for your network on the access point for your IP cameras.

Outside of this another issue is you might have your system setup with a Mac Share scheme and doing so can cause your system to use a Mac address that your system don't understand for the camera and this make the access to the software or hardware useless..
Be Safe.
JB1999

Re: Smart Home Download Error message

Post by JB1999 »

@Revo2Maxx I do have custom names (SSID) on my WiFi that i changed when i got the router a few years back ... The 2 cameras are on the 2.4 ghz channel with the custom name i gave it. Keep in mind , i can not and do not access these camera through a "mac" .. its only accessible through a phone with the Smart Home App ..( Iphone 14 & previously Iphone 11 )

"and this makes access to the software or hardware useless"

I can see and watch all motion clips for a week seamlessly ...just can't download

Looks like rebooting each camera via the phone app menu is the only way to download when it's necessary for me to save clips.