Smart Home app login issue

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
mapex311

Smart Home app login issue

Post by mapex311 »

Hi, I have the Floodlight camera - ASH26-W. It was working fine for a few weeks until this morning. Trying to log into the smart home app, it appears to have logged me out.

When trying to log back in, I keep getting "Unknown condition, please try again!"

If I hit forget password or Register a new account, I get the same thing.

I've already tried uninstalling/ reinstalling the app and same issue. Funny thing is the RTSP feed still works in tinycam monitor pro so it is an app issue.

Wondering how to go about resolving this.

Thanks
techtitan3d

Re: Smart Home app login issue

Post by techtitan3d »

Seems like the entire server is down. Both my local and remote cameras are "offline"
Gecko

Post by Gecko »

Same here. "unknown condition, please try again".
Everything is down.
RTA44

Post by RTA44 »

While attempting to login, I too am getting this message: "Unknown condition, please try again!" My Device is the AD110 Video Doorbell. I am able to view my PoE cameras using Video Pro App or desktop Web Service.
Inf

Post by Inf »

Same Problem...Unknown Condition ugh!!!! Comon' Amcrest...get it together!!! Everything was working great all day yesterday when we installed the unit and got everything up and working and then we get up around 10:00am this morning and we get that error. I called Tech Support but couldn't really understand everything she was saying but I believe she said something about updating the app and they took the server down or something...I don't honestly know for sure. Her English was badly broken. But overall I don't understand why this has to be connected to their server when I have my own dedicated server here at home. Aside from the app itself. The app I would think would be a stand alone as well. But I'll let it go for now and keep trying today and hopefully they get it fixed.
techtitan3d

Post by techtitan3d »

I have 3 cameras. Two local to me (door bell and a smart home cam) and one remote (a 4mp smart home bullet cam) and all 3 have "offline" messages even though I'm still getting "motion detection" alerts. These cameras have all been up for a while. I even was able to access the live view on my remote cam for a few minutes this morning but again it is "offline". I'm starting to wonder if I should have gone with blink cam setup for my remote cam.
daweavette

Post by daweavette »

Just set up doorbell and bullet camera yesterday. Getting the Unknown Condition message when launching the app also. Not getting motion alerts or doorbell alerts on my phone. Being so new to this technology, not sure if it's all related??
wyattf

Post by wyattf »

I'm getting the same "Unknown condition" message. I tried all of the above and even cleared data and uninstalled/reinstalled.

The app shouldn't rely so heavily on a server so that it can't even be used while still on your local network. :x
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

We've not seen this particular Amcrest SmartHome outage before. Whatever server the app connects to for authentication appears to be not responding. I see in my router logs attempts to connect an AWS server at 52.52.64.116 on various ports stating "unreplied".

A few months ago, we also had app "offline" outages but it was not due to an authentication failure. I checked the dms.zencamcloud.com servers that gave us trouble before, and they are all online.

Local connectivity from an NVR, BlueIris, Home Assistant, VLC, etc. to the AD110 via RTSP are not impacted. SmartHome is completely dead until they get the authentication working. And that is not likely to happen on a Sunday, but feel free to send a problem report.
Last edited by GaryOkie on Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes my Alarm on my NVR went off that my AD110 was offline and this was odd because all other times the system has been offline at the Server I have had access to the Camera on my NVR this time it isn't the case...

However here is something that is very odd.. I have 1 doorbell on old FW 702 and that one is still connected to my NVR the one in NEW 8XX version isn't only offline but the system after a Reboot comes online for a Moment even showing the device on my app however refresh the app and that doorbell goes out of the app list and shows offline again but not only isn't on my NVR it is OFFLINE in my Router as well. 702 shows offline in App, But is on my NVR ok but 8xx is offline my NVR, APP and offline to my router as well..
Be Safe.