Shadows trip Motion Detection - AD110 Doorbell Camera

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
KarlHungus53

Shadows trip Motion Detection - AD110 Doorbell Camera

Post by KarlHungus53 »

I live on a street with a fair amount of traffic and during sunrise, any vehicle that drives by that casts a shadow over my motion detection area trips the camera into triggering a motion detection. I have the sensitivity set to 1 and have a very small detection area. The same thing happens at night if a vehicle with flashing lights, like a fire truck, police car, etc., has the same effect. Is there anything else that can be done to stop this?
amcrest168

Re: Shadows trip Motion Detection - AD110 Doorbell Camera

Post by amcrest168 »

not without AI human detection. this is a feature lacking on the ad110 but present in the ash-21. i have the ad110 on the nvr and i noticed when the weather was clear and the sun was bright, that's when motion detection goes crazy because of the bold shadows. i don't think there is anything that can be done to stop the false detection other than to turn it off via scheduling or completely turned off.

amcrest, if you're following this, i think the ad110 can use the AI human detection feature from the ASH-21.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

amcrest168,
The ASH21 human detection feature only pushes messages for human detection events. ASH21 still records all motion. But the Smarthome app handling of event replay is much better than View Pro. Another interesting feature is that it only uses h.265 compression which is ok wth me. Does AD110 also only use h.265?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hummm H.265 or did you mean h.264? Because my AD110 option is only the H.264 where all my other cameras on my NVR are all at H.264H and if the ash21 can't work on that encoding then no need for me to buy it because don't have NVR that will record H.265 atm and not sure I will upgrade past my NV4108 that I already own.. I don't know for the cost I was about to buy the ash21 but not sure atm...

After my travels to CA for my oldest sons service and my travels home I need to wait until this virus passes before I buy much of anything for now... Ash21 was next on my list

Edit Looked at the Tech Sheet for ash21 it says it does both 265 and 264 so I don't know? However Ad110 is H264 only
Be Safe.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@jack7, i'm ok with with feature of only pushing messages for human detection events. i think most people are just bothered with getting notified despite they're being false motion detection. alert only when there was a human detected.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

With ASH21, changing default h.265 in SH app is not an option. I think it's a good move because wifi bandwidth is much less as well file storage on SD card. ASH21 intended market appears to be primarily for use on SH app with jazzy features like auto tracking and Human Detection.
ASH21 does support ONVIF.
I have used ASP to export ASH21 h.265 motion files to MP4 h.265 files which play on file viewers I use, plus cam works on all my liveview apps. To play exported flies on viewers without a h.265 codec, the MP4 2.65 files would need to converted to MP.264 with a program like Handbrake.
ASP does show the camera settings not in SH app and they look right. I believe I could change things like h.265 to h.264, but I don't need to right now and haven't tried it.
I got my $39 worth of fun out of ASH21 the first weekend just trying it out. :)
tgfarrell

Post by tgfarrell »

To the OP, I noticed this as well. Playing with the grid configuration for the motion detection I was able to minimize this. It still happens on very bright mornings and a large vehicle goes by casting a shadow that clips the detection area. Not so much of an issue for me at night.