Secure the ad410

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Jake20

Secure the ad410

Post by Jake20 »

Anyone try to secure the 410 better? Its secure if you try to pull it straight off but It just slides up and out pretty easily. No tool required.
Not sure how they did not try to at least make it a little harder to remove. Even just a little screw would be better than nothing.
GaryOkie

Re: Secure the ad410

Post by GaryOkie »

The AD110 has a steel mounting plate with a star-bit screw. The AD410 has a thin plastic mounting plate that clips on and is supposed to be released by a thin metal probe inserted into a tiny hole at the bottom. Well, it doesn't work for me either, and it can be easily slid up and off. Not sure why. And no, I don't see any easy way to secure it better.

see https://amcrest.com/forum/ip-cameras-f1 ... 15450.html
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Got mine last July and I will admit that the Mounting was first part the biggest issue for me as posted in my post..

In truth there is a wrong way and a right way to mount this in my first post when I got the camera I mention this info.
https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 410#p36891

please note that there is no way that the camera was intended to be mounted on the backplate without screws going though it. If it isn't mounted right then yes the camera will come off to easy because in a since you would have the camera being held on by only 4 clips that are not really that strong. Them 4 clips are really just for connection, Then you screw down from there, then you mount the camera to that plate..

So there is a Backplate, Then there is a angle plate either to side or down, once that is in place there are screw holes that are very small where you screw in the very small long screws that comes with camera, Then place the camera on base and slide into place to where it clicks. Then in truth only way to get it off that plate is with little key that it came with if you don't want to damage things.
Be Safe.
Jake20

Post by Jake20 »

i have found that you dont even need that little key.. it just pops right off
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Then it wasn't installed correctly. Mine will not come off without force and damage to my home.
Be Safe.
Jake20

Post by Jake20 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:56 am Then it wasn't installed correctly. Mine will not come off without force and damage to my home.
The mount is install with "UP" facing up.. Doorbell is placed on the mount then slide down. it clicks into place.
Not sure what is not installed correctly then. GaryOkie also says its the same for him.

thanks for the help!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

What I found for my install anyway was trying to use different screws then ones that was made for the mount made it so the camera wouldn't snap into the holder. While I can't say that your install is wrong. You saying that it don't need a key made me think only way that would be is if it wasn't clicking into the base. I can't say how Gary has his installed or if it comes off without the use of a key either. However owning a AD110 once before and or still do now as I have a few, the install was better on the Ad110 and even for that there was some people that wasn't happy with it's install either. Some saying it was to flimsy and the mount was bad design. I do somewhat agree with the back plate being a bad design. Also on both cameras.

I have no issue to say that I don't personally like the Mount and find it way less secure then the AD110, as I have said as far back as July of 2021. I just know that if I don't want to damage the mount or the wall it is connected to I would need to use the little pin key it came with..

I am sure if I hit the bottom going up it would Dis connect from the base, However I wouldn't be able to just slide it up without some force.
Be Safe.
Jake20

Post by Jake20 »

thanks again Revo,
I mean its not loose or anything like that, but if i apply a little force it kind of just slides up and off without too much effort.
I also noticed on the mounting plate there is a tiny little switch type thing on it under the bottom bracket part which you can push to the right and it springs back. Not sure what that is for.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

My AD410 is installed correctly. It slides down on the bracket and firmly clicks into place as it should. There is no question about that.

To remove, it slides right up and off easily with very little force. The little spring-loaded lock on the base can be moved back with the thin pin, but it isn't needed. It gives way without it.

From this image, you can see how it is supposed to work. The trigger lock moves back when slid down and clicks back on the flat edge . It's not clear to me why the trigger isn't holding in place for some of us, other than to say these thin plastic pieces are such a poor excuse for a lock.

ad410_lock.png
ad410_lock.png (183.46 KiB) Viewed 741 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Very odd. Sorry to hear that.. I went out early yesterday and again today tried to get it to release on its own. I am wondering if it is the type of holder that it is connected with? Mine is the one that isn't facing down and is the one to the side. Wonder if there was an issue maybe with the one mount over the other?
Be Safe.