Secure the ad410

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
GaryOkie

Re: Secure the ad410

Post by GaryOkie »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:54 pm Mine is the one that isn't facing down and is the one to the side.
Huh? Am I to understand you correctly that there are different mounting plates and locking mechanisms for the AD410? So if yours is different to what I have pictured, please show what it looks like. Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That isn't what I mean. What I am asking I wonder if the one plate has a Defect over a different plate? Like maybe the one that is Angled down has some type of Defect? I will pull mine as soon as my son gets back with one of my AD110 from the Cabin and I can change it out. Even though my AD110 don't fit as nice as the AD410. Also have him bringing the AD410 box back from the garage that has other plate in it. My memory isn't as shape as it once was. I believe there was 2 plates for mounting. I have to many Doorbells might have been thinking of another system.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok, I see, So I was wrong. Only 1 Mounting plate and 2 other back plates.. Sorry i was wrong thinking that the other plates was where it mounts, that is what you place before the center plate then the doorbell. So because it is plastic I wonder if there is an issue then with the bottom of the plate being mounted where it isn't making a good latch to the camera? Like maybe driving the bottom screw into deep? My camera will not come off without using the pin.

Don't know.
Be Safe.
Jake20

Post by Jake20 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:43 pm Ok, I see, So I was wrong. Only 1 Mounting plate and 2 other back plates.. Sorry i was wrong thinking that the other plates was where it mounts, that is what you place before the center plate then the doorbell. So because it is plastic I wonder if there is an issue then with the bottom of the plate being mounted where it isn't making a good latch to the camera? Like maybe driving the bottom screw into deep? My camera will not come off without using the pin.

Don't know.
i think you may have identified the issue with the bottom screw in too deep compared to the top one. I think that was the issue in my case.
I loosened it a little bit and the bottom part of the doorbell does seem to sit just a slight amount more flush now, and doesnt just pop off with a slight up lift.
Having said that, i can probably guarantee you though that if i make a fist and come from underneath in a upward motion with just a little bit of force i could still pop mine and yours also right off even with that little latch working as designed.
They should of designed this better with at least a screw as deterrent.
I do appreciate you help though.

thank you