Repeated vocal messages from ADC2W connected to WiFi

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
JohnLorens

Repeated vocal messages from ADC2W connected to WiFi

Post by JohnLorens »

Having recently installed (2) new ADC2W Security Cameras to the customer's home Wi-Fi network, using the Smart Home app, both of the units will continue to verbally announce out-loud that they have successfully connected to the Wi-Fi network. The cameras are accessible thru the Smart Home app, easily controlling the camera functions including the spotlight. Why is that repeating voice message occurring? How to I get this to stop? I would appreciate anyone's suggestions on this annoying issue. Thank you in advance, John
JohnLorens

Re: Repeated vocal messages from ADC2W connected to WiFi

Post by JohnLorens »

I will add that I have installed well over 150 Amcrest cameras into various NVRs, this is the first time that I have setup the ADC2W version and maybe I missed a step. At this customer site, I also installed the AD410 doorbell camera to the same Wi-Fi network without any issue, basically it remained connected and made no announcements about reconnecting. Appreciate any advice others can share. John
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

May want to get the camera closer to the hub. This system uses a hub that connects over ethernet and only leaves connection between hub and camera. In truth that system isn't really designed for high traffic area as the cameras are turned on with motion once no motion camera goes to sleep with only sensor waiting for motion to wake camera up..

Maybe reset the problem camera and setup again. Never had my single unit act this way so don't know

Might need to contact Smart home support maybe system is defected
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
JohnLorens

Post by JohnLorens »

Thank you for this suggestion. I did end up replacing the ADC2W in the front and that cured the problem. I apologize for my late response. Was distracted by some home emergency repairs and finally have time to respond. John