Proper setup of 5MP IP PoE AI Camera notify human detection

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
JohnLorens

Proper setup of 5MP IP PoE AI Camera notify human detection

Post by JohnLorens »

I would appreciate someone's assistance guidance in how to properly setup a 5MP IP PoE AI Camera, IP5M-B1276EW-AI to notify the user that it has detected human motion. I assume this would come across in an email or would it flash across the top of the Smart Home app. The camera does seem to light up the spotlight triggered by some motion but no notification to the phone app. Please direct me to an article or link to a training video.
Thank you,
John
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Proper setup of 5MP IP PoE AI Camera notify human detection

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I might make a Video of how to setup if you need one. However until I know for sure one is needed, Just setup your camera with your IVS or SMD that you want to work with your Alerts on. Then once you have that setup bring up Amcrest View Pro (It isn't a camera that works with Smart Home App) so you will need AVP, then click on your camera form your list of devices, Then on the top left click the 3 dots and 3 lines, then choose Push Notices, then click on Configuration, then click on the device you want to setup, then that will push the enable to the right, then click the type of alert you want notices for, Your camera might have many different options but Smart Motion human or IVS Detect, Face Detection to name a few. I choose Push Type as Image and it will push images to my phone that play like a video. Press the little disk top right to save and you should start getting notices on your phone. If you setup over P2P then you will get them awhile away form home/office and be able to access your camera footage or live view while away as well..
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

JohnLorens wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:48 pm I would appreciate someone's assistance guidance in how to properly setup a 5MP IP PoE AI Camera, IP5M-B1276EW-AI
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... 1276EW-AI-
JohnLorens

Post by JohnLorens »

Thank you Revo2Maxx, big time. And Pogo for the manual link. I didn't realize that this camera with the spotlight was NOT a Smart Home type. As long as this customer can get some type of notification that it was triggered by human motion, that works fine. I have installed many NVRs, POE IP cameras, AD410 doorbells, and just recently those with a spotlight triggered by motion. So I'm learning.
Let me explain the situation and maybe you both might have a better solution for this site. The home is upper class, all finished. I prefer to run CAT5e to all the cameras. Not possible practical in this mansion.
Installed AD410 doorbell. Installed a Smart Wi-Fi camera on the back porch, powered by a hidden power adapter & outlet. Both worked fine and he got video input to the NVR4018 on the same network.
The same smart wifi camera with spotlight over the front garage door and driveway kept disconnecting reconnecting, over and over - WiFi strength poor in this area, too far from AT&T modem/router.
So I used my proven Mesh setup to cover the whole house with WiFi. Deco 5 mesh units set up as A/Ps only so no new IPs from an internal Mesh DHCP. Put one of these in the attic over the garage and plugged an Ethernet cable from this POE camera with spotlight to the RJ45 jack on this slave Mesh Deco 5 that was repeating the wifi from all the other 4 throughout the house. Perfect solid reliable connection and a motion sensor light works great like the original wifi smart camera. However he now does not get notifications of motion on his Smart Home app. Maybe I pickect the wrong spotlight camera.
He likes the reliability but misses his notifications when someone approaches his mansion driveway.
Thank you both again
John
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Perhaps a suitable alternative in the SmartHome ecosystem if a very robust 1080p solution would be acceptable. (Revo would know better than I if a SmartHome POE solution is available.)

https://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-SmartHom ... 6446484713

Otherwise, you could set your client up with the Amcrest View Pro app to use in conjunction with the SH app and stay with the current camera. Or..., set up email alerts from the 4108(?) which include a snapshot..., something along those lines.

Just thinking out loud...

BTW, a couple of my most effective solutions are 1080p units. A very underrated format in the age of SchmegaPixel Mania.