Power wiring for AD410

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Robertus

Power wiring for AD410

Post by Robertus »

Hi,

i'm new, i bought an Amcrest AD410 doorbell and I didn't understand how to install it.

On instruction there isn't a part about power supply.

I have and exist chime, and is this: http://www.perry.it/en/prodotto/1su-4411-1.aspx

In attachment you can see that this chime, works at 12V or 220V.

Can I wire my AD410 at this exist chime that works at 220V ? Or i burn my AD410 ?

Amcrest Chime Kit, if connected at this exist doorbell (220V), adapt power and give at AD410 the right power to works ?
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (37.47 KiB) Viewed 10845 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (43.52 KiB) Viewed 10845 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Power wiring for AD410

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

First and foremost NEVER connect your Doorbell camera to any Voltage over 24vac..

I don't know your doorbell, I don't know what is needed to make it work. I don't know what the Diagram on the bell system is trying to say. I don't know if that is 12vac or 12vdc and to tell someone how to connect this doorbell to the camera is something that isn't going to be easy without having some Direct knowledge of the bell system...

Personally I would if you want or need to use this doorbell, I would use it in a Stand alone setup with a 12vdc or 16vdc power supply and Skipping the doorbell install part of the App setup..

Then the Known Voltage this camera works with is 12vDC 16-24vac and a 5v Micro USB on the back of the device.. If you need to use the indoor bell chime then my guess is you will need a Relay..

With a Relay setup you can use any different combo of voltage 12vDC or the 16-24vac to power the camera and when Switched by button press the output could be any voltage you need. The Problem is if you don't know how to install and setup a Relay or Build a Circuit then you will want to find someone that knows what they are doing and not just someone that claims to, if they have no clue how a Relay can use 2 power sources...

So personally I would look at the Power supplies you have around. IF you have say a 24vac Transformer then I would get a 24vac Relay and then connect the camera up to the 24vac and the coil side of the Relay with the Amcrest Chime Kit ( It will be needed) then with a second power supply of 12v (Again not knowing what your doorbell need AC or DC on the 12v make sure it is what your doorbell needs) and have that connected to the Normally open pin of the Relay and the other end of the Common.. So when the Button of the Doorbell is Pressed the Relay sees this as a Switch or signal to flip the switch doing so will then take the 12v that is in the Normally Open and connect it to the Common completing the 12v signal to your doorbell

So I don't know how much you know about Electronics but again don't let any one that has no idea what they are talking about tell you that it can't be done because I have built many things with many different Relays in many different formats... From 240vac to 5vdc some with complex multi relays..

However I have seen many people use a Normal Doorbell and a Doorbell camera together so the fastest and simple way would be to just setup the Amcrest Doorbell as a Stand alone unit and again you could use 5vdc on a Usb, or 12vdc or 16-24vac to power it. If not using a Chime no Chime Kit needed and just make sure to Skip adding the Chime in the Setup...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Robertus

Post by Robertus »

In first, thanks to reply.

No, I'm not experience in electrical branch. Anyway I have installed in my house a lot of Shelly 1 switch relè.

Can I use one of them ?

Or if I can buy this, is good ? 24V - 18W is enough ?

https://www.meanwell.com/webapp/product ... rod=LPH-18

So i connect this, to 220v, and other part, at AD410 Doorbell, that get 24V.
Robertus

Post by Robertus »

You also said: need also microusb. But 2 wires aren't enough?

I'm very confusing and I don't want burn it.

Please can you explain how to wire this doorbell, with a similar electrical transformer, like my link in previous post ?

With chime kit.

Anyway i can put off my exist doorbell and chime, and use only Amcrest and Chime kit. ( But if i can mantain the exist doorbell, if you tell me how to, i can maintain it )

So i can wire easy without any trouble.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

In the back of the unit is a Micro USB port. Just connect a Micro USB into that port and have it connected to a 2+ amp 5 v power supply there is no extra wiring needed and installing that way there is no need for the Chime Kit.. Just make sure when you install the Camera on the Smart Home app that you skip the install of a Chime when it comes up...
Be Safe
Robertus

Post by Robertus »

I bought from amazon, https://www.meanwell-web.com/en-gb/ac-d ... pv--60--24

1 - So is 24V 60W, i guess is good right?

2 - And can I wire on it 220V in a side, and other side, i can wire chime kit and amcrest ad410 ?

Is the right config?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would say that under normal needs that would be fine however that is a 24vdc and the power the camera needs is 16 to 24vac

Mean Well makes good power supplies however that power supply you have listed is a Ac to DC switching Power Supply.

My guess is that in some places it is hard to find power supplies that would normally work with Doorbell cameras because of Laws in place.. IF you fit in one of them areas you will want to get a Normal Wall Wort 12v 2 amp power supply to power your doorbell camera or use the 2amp 5v Micro USB to make sure you conform to your areas Wiring rules..

Please note I have not tested the doorbell on any DC voltage outside of 12v DC.. I have powered it with normal Transformer 15.6vac and 24vac as well. While I did take a Risk to test on 12v DC it was 2 years after owning the AD110 that I found out it would take 12vdc so it was worth testing..

I will admit that I have other doorbell cameras and I have tested them on DC 12v and they don't work at all so Amcrest has done a great job on the Cameras for ways to power the camera. I just wish there was Data Sheets on that fact they work with XY and Z..

So In short NO that power supply from Mean Well isn't going to work

YOu need a Transformer that takes your 220vac mains and turns it into 16vac or 24vac
Be Safe
Robertus

Post by Robertus »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:17 am I would say that under normal needs that would be fine however that is a 24vdc and the power the camera needs is 16 to 24vac

Mean Well makes good power supplies however that power supply you have listed is a Ac to DC switching Power Supply.

My guess is that in some places it is hard to find power supplies that would normally work with Doorbell cameras because of Laws in place.. IF you fit in one of them areas you will want to get a Normal Wall Wort 12v 2 amp power supply to power your doorbell camera or use the 2amp 5v Micro USB to make sure you conform to your areas Wiring rules..

Please note I have not tested the doorbell on any DC voltage outside of 12v DC.. I have powered it with normal Transformer 15.6vac and 24vac as well. While I did take a Risk to test on 12v DC it was 2 years after owning the AD110 that I found out it would take 12vdc so it was worth testing..

I will admit that I have other doorbell cameras and I have tested them on DC 12v and they don't work at all so Amcrest has done a great job on the Cameras for ways to power the camera. I just wish there was Data Sheets on that fact they work with XY and Z..

So In short NO that power supply from Mean Well isn't going to work

YOu need a Transformer that takes your 220vac mains and turns it into 16vac or 24vac

On it https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 616#p37247

You can see Technical Specifications (AD410)

If you open this pdf, you can see it:

So doorbell AD410 can accept AC or DC, "seems", from official documentation... Or i'm not right?
Attachments
3db536c9-e4bc-4ecd-892d-8af88b9aca5a.jpg
3db536c9-e4bc-4ecd-892d-8af88b9aca5a.jpg (59.07 KiB) Viewed 10719 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well There you go.. I personally have not seen this.. Also someone sent something from their AD410 about power ratings and not sure where they got that info either seeing then Data isn't on my Box... Looking at the info above in your picture it looks like it is from the Data Sheet of the device from Amcrest.. I know that when I looked at it before I bought the device it wasn't listed like that before it said only AC16v to 24vac.. I did make mention that It can work with 12vdc and wonder if maybe it was updated after that because as I said before it only had AC voltage listed.. I do have plenty of DC power supplies I guess I will have to give it a try on one of my 24vDC supplies and see the power usage..

Personally I don't see the Data sheet anymore on my side. The data on the web can be hard to find.. However off the normal Amcrest Website Device page for the AD410 this is the blown up text of what it says on the website..
Screenshot (1072).png
Screenshot (1072).png (317.66 KiB) Viewed 10697 times
Be Safe
Robertus

Post by Robertus »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:35 pm Well There you go.. I personally have not seen this.. Also someone sent something from their AD410 about power ratings and not sure where they got that info either seeing then Data isn't on my Box... Looking at the info above in your picture it looks like it is from the Data Sheet of the device from Amcrest.. I know that when I looked at it before I bought the device it wasn't listed like that before it said only AC16v to 24vac.. I did make mention that It can work with 12vdc and wonder if maybe it was updated after that because as I said before it only had AC voltage listed.. I do have plenty of DC power supplies I guess I will have to give it a try on one of my 24vDC supplies and see the power usage..

Personally I don't see the Data sheet anymore on my side. The data on the web can be hard to find.. However off the normal Amcrest Website Device page for the AD410 this is the blown up text of what it says on the website..

Screenshot (1072).png
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... 3132-AD410
and You can see Technical Specifications (AD410)
If you open this pdf, you can see power input