Power supply (Transformer) for AD110

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
DutchUser

Re: Power supply (Transformer) for AD110

Post by DutchUser »

Tnx for your reply. I will get a multimeter and measure the exact voltage tomorrow. Also ordered a 12vdc 2a like you suggested. After testing I will get back with the results.
leonardomrc

Post by leonardomrc »

It looks like it is impossible to find a 16V 30VA power supply where I live. Which option would be the best? There will be a small voltage drop since I am using a 2.5mm2 copper cable (lenght 4m)
- 16v 1A
- 16v 2A
- 18v 1.5A
- 18v 2A
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You looking for Stand Alone setup or working with a indoor Chime?

If stand alone and if you have any extra 12v DC power supply the camera works just fine with that as well.. 2amp would be best bet..

For what you have listed any of the bottom 3 are fine for stand alone..

Just make sure that if you are setting up stand alone that you Skip when you get to the page of Setting up a Chime. Also no Amcrest Chime Kit will be needed... This means 2 wires from power supply to the camera is all that is needed Nothing else...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
leonardomrc

Post by leonardomrc »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:27 am You looking for Stand Alone setup or working with a indoor Chime?

If stand alone and if you have any extra 12v DC power supply the camera works just fine with that as well.. 2amp would be best bet..

For what you have listed any of the bottom 3 are fine for stand alone..

Just make sure that if you are setting up stand alone that you Skip when you get to the page of Setting up a Chime. Also no Amcrest Chime Kit will be needed... This means 2 wires from power supply to the camera is all that is needed Nothing else...
Thanks! It is a Stand Alone setup. I didn't know a 12v PS would work. I guess in this case I would need a 2.5A PS minimum.

But anyway, I think I will go with 16v 2A. I hope 2A is not too much!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I have a AD110 on a 24vac 100va transformer and it is working just fine.. Just remember No Chime Kit is needed, and you need to make sure that the Chime is Skipped when you are setting it up.. If you don't skip this it can kill a power supply because it will cause a short every time the button is pressed...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe