Not Connected to Server

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
hawkeye62

Not Connected to Server

Post by hawkeye62 »

When I start Smart Home, I get a message that says I an not connected to the server. But, live view works and playback of motion detected events play back. The other issue is that the new firmware fails to install. Any insight to what is going on will be appreciated.

Regards, Jim
amcrest168

Re: Not Connected to Server

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @hawkeye62, i would try reinstalling the smart home app. there is no need to delete the device from your smart home app. clear cache, clear data, then uninstall. reinstall smart home app.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Now I am stuck! I tried to re-install Smart Home. I enter serial number and press continue. I get an error message, Please check the network. Nothing wrong with the network. I did a hard reset, didn't help. I am not sure how to clear cache or data. I am using an Nvidia Shield K1 tablet running Android 7.0.

Regards, Jim
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

try scanning the qr code instead of manually typing the serial number.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

I don't know where a QR code is, not on the box, I think I removed a sticker on the AD110. I have used manual serial number entry many times.

Regards, Jim
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

if you read the instruction i have given you regarding 'no need to delete the device' from the smart home app, the device would have been associated with your smart home account once you reinstall the app and sign in. anyway the qr code is on the doorbell. removing the bezel shall expose the device's qr code sticker. i hope this is not the important sticker you have removed from the device.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Thanks for your continuing help. I didn't delete the device from Smart Home. But, deleting Smart Home has left me helpless. I cannot re-install it, it simply gives a message "Please check your network", and returns to the window asking for the QR code or the manual entry of the serial number. I don't know what "Please check your network" means. The hot spot is enabled, the AD110 shows up on the list of available access points. The access point that the ASD110 uses, works with my Android tablet. What else needs checking? The very first time I installed Smart Home, the QR scan would not work. That is when I used manual serial number entry successfully. The sticker I removed was the QR code, which was worthless to me since it wouldn't work. I think there is a QR code on one corner of the box, but it won't work. I am left with manual entry of the serial number. So, do I somehow now have a brick?

Regards, Jim
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

do you have another android device like a phone for you to install the smart home app? install the app and log into your smart home app and the doorbell should be present if you have not previously deleted the device from the app.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

I don't have another Android device. BUT, I was able to use a scanner to read the QR code on the box. The code is "{SN:Z055202BD7B23,DT:AD110}. So, I decided to try using the Smart Home scanner rather than manually enter the serial number. I was able to get the scanner to read the QR code, but Smart Home responds "Please check your network". The same message I get when I manually enter the serial number. Any further suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards, Jim
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

so you know the smart home server is currently down and the smart home app is dependent on the smart home server. you will not be able to do anything much now until the smart home server comes back online.