New Firmware for AD110 and AD410 Available

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
eliamcrest

New Firmware for AD110 and AD410 Available

Post by eliamcrest »

Hello everyone!

New firmware for the AD110 and AD410 is available now at the Amcrest Smart Home firmware page:

https://amcrest.com/firmware-ash

I don't have any detailed changelogs for either at the moment, still working on getting those, but I can run down the general changes and fixes I know were made.

The AD110's new 20221213 firmware is primarily meant to address a bug that prevented the use of the API, and services that relied on the API to interface with the doorbell such as Home Assistant. Otherwise it seems to largely be the same as the previous 20220907 build.

The AD410's 20221201 firmware now allows for motion detection recordings and continuous recordings to be active at the same time, whereas previous they were mutually exclusive. I don't have any specific notes on optimization, but accounts from beta testers say the doorbell runs a bit faster now.

If anyone has any further questions, please feel free to ask away. If you encounter any bugs with the firmware or need help of any kind, please submit a ticket via https://amcrest.com/smarthomesupport and ask for me (Eli).
GaryOkie

Re: New Firmware for AD110 and AD410 Available

Post by GaryOkie »

Hi Eli @eliamcrest -

I just happened to be at our remote lakehouse today where my old but reliable AD110 is installed. I went ahead and applied the update trusting the devs got it right this time. Phew, they did!

Home Assistant is recognizing the API events for motion and doorbell press. The WDR improvement is very nice, especially when the sun is directly in view. It sure would be nice to know what other things were worked on in this update.

Will the SmartHome app notify users of the update soon? Having to use the download site plus configtool is really clunky compared to having the update integrated in the app.

BTW - I have no desire to update my AD410 until I see the release notes. (Sorry, I don't know what this motion + continuous recording feature is for). Even then, I am reluctant to update the firmware knowing that it is currently impossible to replace the AD410 through an RMA if something goes awry.

I hope you can find something about that situation soon.

Thanks again for keeping us up to date!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

This enables the system to record Full time on device rather than only having ability to record motion or human events for people that have large Micro Sd cards installed. I already record full time on my NVR in Sub channel. That is also an option on AD410 record main or sub.
Screenshot_20230116_180957_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
Screenshot_20230116_180957_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (295.3 KiB) Viewed 12373 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

So I am already recording 24x7 to an NVR and of course have no need to do the same on an SD-Card. I expect that is not the only update to the firmware, so again - it's essential to see the full release notes. Hopefully they will have some detail.
davidski

Post by davidski »

Coming upon this after struggling with the MAC address change problem on my AD410, I'm not seeing this new firmware available either via the Amcrest app nor via the https://amcrest.com/firmware-ash. Hoping there's a changelog for this soon!
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

@davidski - I have no idea why the new firmware isn't available yet via the SH app, but it can be downloaded from that link. Unfortunately, it's not obvious.

This ASH link only displays ASH models to pick from, and no doorbells. But if you enter AD410 into the search box it will find it. Then you have to click the Search button to bring up the page where it can be downloaded. Then it has to be installed with configtool. Search Amcrest support pages for instructions.

To make matters worse, the stupid sales chat window keeps popping up over and over after closing it. And even when you finally get it minimized, it obscures the lower items in the menu pick list.

Just a really bad design for a download site. Maybe Eli can let the web designer know.

Good luck installing it and hopefully Amcrest improved the code to work with mesh networks better.
ASH_firmware.png
ASH_firmware.png (144.89 KiB) Viewed 12230 times
davidski

Post by davidski »

Thanks for that, @GaryOkie ! I was breezing through the site too fast and was trying to match the ASH firmware string to the returned values. Doh!

Eagerly awaiting those tasty changelogs! :)
kantlivelong

Post by kantlivelong »

I ran into two issues when upgrading my AD410 to 20221201 and performing a factory reset.

For some reason setup refuses to connect to Wifi on it's own. The device doesn't come back with a success/fail voice message but instead just endlessly loops. I ended up figuring out how to get around it by:
  • 1. Leaving the mobile app up during the wifi setup.
  • 2. I was able to connect to the setup hotspot from my desktop and pull the config and while looking I noticed that the device was set to use WPA2-TKIP which is disabled by default on many newer wifi access points/routers. In my case I needed to set it to WPA2-PSK-AES which I did by running:

Code: Select all

curl --digest --user admin:PASSWORD -X GET 'http://192.168.3.10/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&WLan.eth2.Encryption=WPA2-PSK-AES'
  • 3. Give the device a few minutes to connect to WiFi then hit next on the app and it will continue as normal.

The other issue I'm running into which is gray territory is that the local http eventManager API is returning 403 Forbidden.

Code: Select all

curl --digest --user admin:PASSWORD -X GET 'http://AD410_IP/cgi-bin/eventManager.cgi?action=attach&codes=\[All\]' -I
HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
WWW-Authenticate: Digest realm="Login to XXXXXXXX", qop="auth", nonce="1847060032", opaque="37a266f79d50f73e70e91f40b038d5294157eea9"
Connection: close
CONTENT-LENGTH: 0

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Connection: close
Content-type: text/plain;charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 30
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure that is the issue. At least on mine that I did a Reset on as well, Mine isn't trying to connect like you are saying yours is. My system is connected with WPA2-PSK [AES] both 2.4 and 5 and I did a Reset and connection to both and didn't have an issue.

The next issue you have might be related to what you tried to use as a work around. I would maybe install the FW again and see if that cures the issue.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also keep in mind that at times when you do CGI to these devices for network info. You are not getting the real info returned. The reason behind this is that there is a Eth0 and Eth1 and so on setup in the FW. So without talking to the right port ID you will always end up with Default Ethernet port and this camera while it has Port data in software there is no access to that and it might be showing info your talking about however it isn't valid.
Be Safe