New Firmware for AD110 and AD410 Available

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
GaryOkie

Re: New Firmware for AD110 and AD410 Available

Post by GaryOkie »

@warning /Peter,
Thanks for sharing. While I'm still not convinced that a factory reset is actually necessary for the firmware upgrade "to enable the new features", there is a software mechanism that you can use to avoid having to remove the doorbell. The very configtool app you used to install the firmware has Restore Factory Default, and a Restore Default option. I have no idea what the difference is between the two. There is also an API command to do a reset.

I'm not sure why you are suggesting anyone change the IP address to avoid a conflict. The AD410 boots up using DHCP by default. The 192.168.1.108 IP is used for other Amcrest/Dahua IPC cameras by default, but not the AD410 that I've ever seen.

Yeah, the change log is quite sparse but at least it's a good step in the right direction to give us some clue what the update involves. This update really needs to happen within the SmartHome app, not this manual download/reset/configtool update/setup again from scratch rigamarole.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@GaryOkie Yeah I don't remember where I seen the info. I know that I can see if I do a Config from CGI and you can see that it shows a Ethernet IP with that. So again I am not sure what program I was using but at one point my AD410 did report the ip address they mention and my guess is what ever they are doing by hardware or some software conflicts with the not used port on the AD410 and conflicts with said hardware or software. For me it hasn't been an issue so I just leave it as it was written.

About the Reset to factory in Amcrest IP Config tool? unless they are using Dahua tool that I don't use anymore because it offered things that Amcrest didn't, I don't see the option in the Amcrest Ip tools..

Would be interested to have the CGI for a Factory Reset for Amcrest and Dahua cameras? I have looked and have not seen one any any of the CGI pdf Docs that I have. I have a couple of cameras that I would love to try it out on. Some reason the webUI is broke for them but still have IP access to them and App use.

For the Ad410 only know of Reboot from ASP, and SH app and CGI but don't know about factory reset. Tried a few off the Magicbox but don't work
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Hi Revo - thanks for questioning this API factory reset option... I misspoke! I was thinking of the API to perform a remote reboot, not a reset, which doesn't exist (or isn't documented anywhere). Very sorry for this flub.

I did uncover what the difference is between a restore factory default versus a restore default. This is explained in the NVR webUI (Maintain/Manager/Default menu). The "restore default" option will restore factory settings EXCEPT network settings and account settings. if this works as described for the AD410, that can sure make a reset less painful.

I don't remember if the configtool version I use is Amcrest or Dahua - I thought they were identical. Apparently not if Amcrest omits the reset feature.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks. Yeah I mean there are some reset functions in the Amcrest app. But it is like reset for network and for Encoding that puts things back to normal settings of that feature like offered in the WebUI. Thought maybe there is a special hidden place where extra features where hidden I don't know about. Normally I used Dahua IP Config, however it is hard for me to use a option in that program that isn't in the Amcrest one so I put Amcrest one back on so I am using same type tool.

The reset options on Amcrest tool fails with the AD410 didn't see the Factory Reset so I thought I would inquire.

Thank you.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
warning

Post by warning »

GaryOkie wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:06 pm I'm not sure why you are suggesting anyone change the IP address to avoid a conflict. The AD410 boots up using DHCP by default. The 192.168.1.108 IP is used for other Amcrest/Dahua IPC cameras by default, but not the AD410 that I've ever seen.
In my case the Home Assistant’s IP address is 192.168.1.108.
And as in the default config, there is the same IP as an eht (even it is not alive) AD410 won’t communicate with my HA.
Such a programming mistake…
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Hi @warning - in case you weren't aware, the majority of Amcrest and Dahua cameras default to 192.168.1.108 out of the box, AND after a factory reset. Having your Home Assistant defined to this same IP is really asking for trouble if you have any plans at all of adding new Amcrest/Dahua IPC cameras.

Now, I don't know why your AD410 is booting up with this address. Yes, as Revo pointed out, this IP can be found in the AD410 internal config if it were set up to not use DHCP somehow, but that's not normal for SmartHome devices.

You really should seriously consider changing your HASS IP.
bryeartem

Post by bryeartem »

So I am seeing discussions regarding the IP address of the AD410 (192.168.1.108) so I just wanted to mention what I went through to help the next person who runs into similar issues.
- So I received my first AD410 December 30th, the doorbell itself worked fine both connecting to Home Assistant (Dahua Integration) and with Amcrest Smart Home. The issue I had was I was unable to connect the doorbell to my NV4216E-AI. No matter what did I could not add the doorbell to my NVR, every time it would behave just like my password was incorrect in the NVR Camera config, but would say "cannot find network host" (that may not be what the exact message was) when viewing the camera. I went through a lot of steps with Eli trouble shooting my network and wifi connectivity, both changing APS, switching whether it was connected to my Unifi AP, vs a different brand of AP with its own SSID, switching 2.4/5ghz, and even moving my Unifi AP to about 5ft from the doorbell. None of this allowed me to add the doorbell to the NVR. I was told that these doorbells do not work well with Mesh Networks and that was my issue.
My original contact with Eli was for the IR glare issue, but in the course of that conversation is when I realized I could not add it to my NVR.. so I had a replacement on the way for the glare issue and hoped it was a fluke and the new doorbell would work fine. It had the identical issue, worked fine in every aspect EXCEPT adding to my NVR. I tried the new firmwares as they came out, none of which corrected the issue. So I wrote it up as a loss and decided to just let the SD card record events and not add this to my NVR...
At some point February I was messing around again trying to figure something out and I opened the device config settings in SmartPSS (Dahuas version of Amcrest Surveillance Pro, I might have done ASP first then SmartPSS I don't really remember the particulars), I noticed that on the TCP/IP tab of the device settings the IP address was 192.168.1.108 and subnet mask was 255.255.0.0, now I was too surprised because I was aware that 108 is the default IP for Dahua/Amcrest devices, but I knew that was causing an issue because my NVR uses 108 (That was for ease of using commands out of the API docs in my early Amcrest days, I could copy and paste the urls out of the docs)... So in a last ditch effort I changed the IP and subnet mask and hit apply. The second I did that my NVR finally connected to the doorbell for the first time ever.
I shared this information with Eli on Feb 5th, shortly thereafter being notified that they finally had new stock that did not have the IR Glare issue (my first replacement still had the glare issue)
So I RMAd the second doorbell figuring now I knew how to fix the NVR connectivity issue so it wouldn't be a big deal. So when the 3rd doorbell came I attempted to do the same steps of changing the IP and subnet mask using Amcrest Surveillance Pro this time, it looked different (tried SmartPSS again also), the fields weren't populated as they were. So after a lot of messing around with SmartPSS, ASP, and IPConfig, hitting apply after populating those fields myself my 3rd doorbell now lost all network connectivity entirely. So after another factory reset it came to me that I had not updated the firmware on the doorbell yet. So ultimately trying to change those fields with the default 202210 firmware or whatever the original was will break your doorbell. After that factory reset, and firmware update with IPConfig, when going to the TCP/IP page of the device config in ASP those fields were finally populated as they were with 192.168.1.108, and subnet mask of 255.255.0.0, changing those to the doorbells correct IP and Subnet Mask, hitting apply instantly connected the doorbell to the NVR again.
My apologies if this is a long-winded and poorly written story, but just wanted to share my extremely frustrating couple months with these doorbells... so my IR glare issues have been resolved and I no longer have NVR Connection problems. Just wanted to share this so it can help people with similar issues, I know I did see a couple of others with NVR connectivity issues, contrary to Amcrests suggestion that the doorbells "Have trouble with mesh networks" this incorrect IP address and subnet mask was ultimately the cause for my NVR connection problem.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 1.23.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 1.23.30 PM.png (87.18 KiB) Viewed 6914 times
oikia

Post by oikia »

I have an AD110 doorbell and I used to be able to play audio on it via the following URL described in the API document. But after updating to the latest firmware (1.000.00AC009.0.R.20221213), it stops working.

The URL I used is: "'http://<ipAddress>/cgi-bin/audio.cgi?action=postAudio&httptype=singlepart&channel=1
I also specify "Content-Type: Audio/G.711A" and "Content-Length: 0", and then POST the audio data continuously until the end.

After some poking around, the first thing I found was that the API now requires WWW-Authentication.

However, after getting past that step, the API still fails, giving me a "400 Bad Request" response.

It seems like the API now expects something more, could it be additional query parameters, could it be additional headers, or a different data format?
Does anyone have more information on this?

Thank you very much!
adoucette

Post by adoucette »

What is the consensus on the best firmware version(s) for the AD410?
I ask because I'm running 230810 but it frequently drops its wifi connection (though it is very close to a Unifi AC Pro hotspot and reports that it gets good signal). I'm pulling an RTSP stream from it using Frigate in HomeAssistant.
Thanks in advance.
Ari
sam2023

Post by sam2023 »

adoucette wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:26 am What is the consensus on the best firmware version(s) for the AD410?
I ask because I'm running 230810 but it frequently drops its wifi connection (though it is very close to a Unifi AC Pro hotspot and reports that it gets good signal). I'm pulling an RTSP stream from it using Frigate in HomeAssistant.
Thanks in advance.
Ari
I have been wondering the same thing. For me the wifi seems to be ok, but the ONVIF process keep failing causing the stream to drop (I just get a bad username/password error). Interestingly, the RTSP stream directly is still good so you can process the video, but you loose the events from ONVIF.