New Ad110 setup issue

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Jake20

New Ad110 setup issue

Post by Jake20 »

Hi,
New Ad110 with a mechanical chime. Doorbell is getting 18v of power.
Doorbell powers on and I am able turn on hotspot mode no problem.
I am also able to manually connect from my phone to the ad110 wifi no issue. I start the app, scan the code and so far so good.
The problem now is that the app will never find the doorbell no matter if I am already connected to it over wifi or not.
Tried rebooting / reseting everything.. phone router, doorbell but the smart home app never finds the doorbell.
Is 18v enough power?
I used to have a skybell HD and that worked fine.

Thank you
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: New Ad110 setup issue

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

18v is fine. it will work on many different types of Power supplies what is important is that your Chime works with the Voltage.

Connect to your Home 2.4 wireless connection, Then go to the camera, Remove the front plate, Bring up on your phone the Smart Home App, Then click the + to add the camera, It will ask you to scan the QR code on the camera, Then after 10 to 20 seconds after you get to the part of turning on the Hot Spot it should pop up and ask if you want to connect to it. AD110 should be a DB type of hotspot. If it don't offer then open your cell phone wireless area and see if it opens under there. Maybe the connection is to far from wireless?

I just reset one of my Ad110, After you + and scan the camera it will ask if you have turned on Hotspot, Should pop up the next 2 screens before you setup what SSID you want to set it to. Then put in the password for the router.
SmartSelect_20220324-212544_Settings.jpg
SmartSelect_20220324-212544_Settings.jpg (71.88 KiB) Viewed 1047 times
SmartSelect_20220324-212649_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
SmartSelect_20220324-212649_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (96.51 KiB) Viewed 1047 times
Be Safe.
Jake20

Post by Jake20 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:38 pm Hello and Welcome to the forum

18v is fine. it will work on many different types of Power supplies what is important is that your Chime works with the Voltage.

Connect to your Home 2.4 wireless connection, Then go to the camera, Remove the front plate, Bring up on your phone the Smart Home App, Then click the + to add the camera, It will ask you to scan the QR code on the camera, Then after 10 to 20 seconds after you get to the part of turning on the Hot Spot it should pop up and ask if you want to connect to it. AD110 should be a DB type of hotspot. If it don't offer then open your cell phone wireless area and see if it opens under there. Maybe the connection is to far from wireless?

I just reset one of my Ad110, After you + and scan the camera it will ask if you have turned on Hotspot, Should pop up the next 2 screens before you setup what SSID you want to set it to. Then put in the password for the router.

SmartSelect_20220324-212544_Settings.jpg
SmartSelect_20220324-212649_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
Hi,
I never even get to the "Connect to Device?" Screen. The app fails to find the device even though i can see the hotspot in my wifi list.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would restart your phone and after it comes back online, Double check that your on 2.4 wifi and start app and try again? If that dont' work might have to contact the Smart Home Support though support pages and see if there is something they can do to help. wouldn't be until tomorrow as they have left for the day..
Be Safe.
Jake20

Post by Jake20 »

well, i have resolved the issue.
Strange thing i noticed was in the failed to connect screen it was looking for ASH-XXXXXXX, and not DB-XXXXXXXX.
I restarted the app and this time i manually entered the SN, and it found it :)
For some reason the QR code must of been giving an invalid SN. Strange..

Thank you for the help!!!
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Thanks for posting how you solved the issue!

We've seen this problem reported before where the setup was searching for the wrong SSID, but it was thought to be an issue with a recent SmartHome app update. Did not know it was due to the QR Code apparently being misprinted.
emanresu1

Post by emanresu1 »

I've registered and logged in specifically to highlight my exceptionally frustrating experience with setting up this doorbell. For context, I want to mention that I have a total of 14 Amcrest cameras (10 IP4M-1041B and 4 IP2m-841W) installed in my home.

In my routine process for setting up Amcrest cameras, a series of steps are nearly second nature to me. I start by connecting the camera to ethernet, then use the Amcrest IP Config tool to obtain its IP. I subsequently log in through the web interface to change the password and configure my TCP, HTTP, and UDP ports. For non-wired cameras, I also make a note of the WiFi MAC address to statically bind an address to it. Usually, this entire process takes me about 10 minutes per camera.

However, the AD110 turned out to be an absolute nightmare to set up. According to the instructions, I was supposed to photograph the QR code, following which the app would detect and connect to the camera's wifi hotspot. Despite trying for hours, my phone failed to establish a connection. Adding to the frustration was the fact that upon physically connecting to the WiFi hotspot and attempting to restart the joining process, the Amcrest app did not allow me to scan or manually enter the serial number. The app needed an active internet connection to proceed to the next screen, creating a catch-22 as this required disconnecting from the camera's hotspot.

I tested with other phones to no avail. While the hotspot did appear in my wifi listings on my android devices, and I could sometimes connect to it, the app remained unable to detect that I was connected to the camera's hotspot. It was a completely infuriating experience.

My saving grace came from this thread (for which I'm grateful), suggesting that I manually enter the Serial Number into the Amcrest Smart Home app instead of scanning the QR code. Following this approach, the app was able to identify the wifi hotspot and finish the provisioning.

To the developers at Amcrest, your setup process turned my afternoon into an ordeal, leaving me frustrated and sweating in the sun while I wrestled with configuring this camera.

Adding to the complexity, this particular camera lacks a web GUI that would allow for login and setting adjustments. Luckily, once I set all the ports and arranged my router to port forward, I gained remote access to the camera.

I'm left bewildered as to why the setup process had to be so strenuous.