Multiple chimes on AD110

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
leadinglights

Multiple chimes on AD110

Post by leadinglights »

I have just purchased an Amcrest AD110 Smart Home Video Doorbell and am trying to get it set up but am a bit concerned about the requirement of my bell chimes and what I will need in the way of a transformer.
My home has two chimes, one for the kitchen and living area and a second for the entry hall and stairs. The two are very similar, one being a Siemens Dominion wired chime but the second of an unknown make. These are rated for 6VDC or 8VAC and draw just under 1A each. Additionally, there is a bell in the garage which is operated by a relay wired across the main chimes. The existing supply for the chimes is a 12V 30VA toroidal transformer which has a second 12V winding for a possible 24V.
My problem is that the supply for the AD110 should be 16V to 24V, the current draw of the chimes at 16V will probably be nearly 3A (with about 100mA for the garage relay). This may also be more than the AD110 is rated for as well.
Available supplies are the existing 12V transformer, a very similar one which is 30VA 9V + 9V (18V in series), and a Protek BT8-16 8VA transformer which is obviously too light.
So what is the best way of doing this? Possibly fit resistors in each of the chimes to limit the current and voltage?
Possibly change the chimes, in which case what pleasant-sounding chimes that work at 16V to 24V do you recommend?
Thank you for any advice you can give.