Micro SD Size Recommendations

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
JeffofCT

Micro SD Size Recommendations

Post by JeffofCT »

In terms of the Amcrest Smart Home Products, I have an AD110 and two 2mp 1080p outdoor bullet security cameras (ASH22-W). They're running on smart app and while I also have an NVR (with 3 Amcrest IOP cameras) with 6T hardrive, it seems like having individual SD cards would provide more immediate access to replay alerts. The doorbell can handle 128gb and the two bullet cameras can hold 256mb. I can just go buy these but was thinking about whether or not 128-256mb would be overkill. Would 32gbs be sufficient? Maybe. Thoughts?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Micro SD Size Recommendations

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I have 32, 64 and 128 in most of my devices, Depending how you have them setup and what type of false alerts you get. For me my Doorbell has 32gb. If you have your camera setup to record real events then smaller cards can be used. My large cards are in like my ASH47, AI cameras and PTZ. However my main recording is going to my NVR's.

Really size only matters to how much you want to store at the camera level. my AI camera that only records IVS car and people events has 4 months of data saved for backup where I normally format my NVR every month. Some I leave for longer like my AI NVR's and DVR's I will let them run sometimes until the HDD space fills up and that can take 6mo plus.
Be Safe.