Max cameras on SmartHome App

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Jays

Max cameras on SmartHome App

Post by Jays »

How many cameras can be connected to/viewed on the SmartHome App?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Max cameras on SmartHome App

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To be honest on the Smart Home app I am not sure. However I know that on the app there seems to be only a 1 view and 4 View option on my SH app anyway. I have more then 4 Smart home products connected to the app but I personally have never tried to access more then 1 at a time even knowing that I can click the Multi view button and look at them 4 at a time I have only 4 loaded at any 1 time and even with them added there don't seem to be anyway for me to add an extra area for more cameras. If I want to look at others then I will need to remove 1 and add another. So I use Amcrest AVP and I will admit that at times have as many as 80 devices loaded into my AVP, Again most times I have it setup for Single view and just scroll from 1 to the other however this can be an issue if I want to get to a camera in a timely manner so I will use Grid view and then double tap the camera or channel if my DVR/NVR that I want to view. Sometimes even after going a few to the right or left in Single view before I just give in and hit the multi gird view for faster access. AVP can be used to view SH products once setup on SH app.. Just to give another idea of something you can use if needed to have more then 4 in view at 1 time. Setup in AVP might be the way to go..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Looking over some snapshots from last few days here is one where I was looking at device 70 of 80 that I have loaded at that time on my AVP. I have since scaled that back because I thought a Playback back issue I was having might be related to the number of devices I had loaded. Right now have it down to 36 of the ones I want to have fastest access to.
Screenshot_20231129_142001_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
Screenshot_20231129_142001_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (584.67 KiB) Viewed 4648 times
Be Safe.
Jays

Post by Jays »

Thank you for responding.
I installed the AVP app and added a camera. Comparing Home Smart to AVP, it seems like AVP has everything Home Smart has and a good bit more.
Does Home Smart have any advantages over AVP?
J
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well just keep in mind and I say this as a Word of Caution. Any changes you want to make to the cameras settings for Smart Home cameras Please use the Smart Home App. Changes that might be able to be done in AVP may damage your camera or make the use very unstable. Even with the AD410 Doorbell and online Docs from Amcrest saying that settings can be changed using Ip Config. I have found that even making 1 little change caused my Ad410 to become unstable and I have reset the camera back to factory and only make minor changes over Smart home app with that if any at all just to keep it happy.

So I would personally only use the AVP to monitor your cameras that are Smart Home and if any changes that can be made use the SH app to do so..
That is only Advantage of the SH app that I would see. The AVP app is great app for the IP line of devices and what it was really meant for.. But Amcrest did open it to let the SH products work where at the starting of the SH line the SH app was only place they would work.
Be Safe.
Jays

Post by Jays »

Thank you!