How to speed up AD410 notifications

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
WildWilly

How to speed up AD410 notifications

Post by WildWilly »

Is there a way to speed up the AD410 notifications? There is a delay from doorbell button press to the chime sounding, and on my phone, the notification rarely stays active long enough to answer the doorbell from the phone. I gave the doorbell a high priority on my wifi router, but that didn't seem to help.
bleeblak8

Re: How to speed up AD410 notifications

Post by bleeblak8 »

Can I ask what kind of delay you are seeing? When my doorbell is pressed, it is maybe a second delay and then it alerts my phone and my home automation task runs at the same time.
If you are seeing a larger delay, please check your wifi connectivity. Also see which network you are connected to, 2.4ghz or 5ghz. That can greatly reduce speed. And which firmware are you on? I did upgrade to the latest, but it broke Home Assistant. So I reverted back to the firmware before and I feel its much faster. Please let us know.
Thanks
WildWilly

Post by WildWilly »

The delay varies. From button push to bell it can be less than a second (if pushed just prior) to a couple seconds. From button push to phone notification just over a second to 4 or 5 seconds. My mesh router assigned it to 2.4 GHz due to having a stronger signal. I moved it to 5GHz and will see if that helps. So far it seems to be a little faster, but its still not what i would call fast. The router allows me to make it a high priority so it is set that way. I also assigned it to the closest mesh node so there is no delay with that. I see nothing in the SH app that would speed things up.
WildWilly

Post by WildWilly »

I'm using the latest firmware supported by the app, so it is not the very latest.
bleeblak8

Post by bleeblak8 »

If you have the ability, try and upgrade to the latest and see if that helps. They now provide both the new firmware and the original firmware.

https://amcrest.com/firmware-ash
WildWilly

Post by WildWilly »

I upgraded the firmware. The doorbell responds maybe a bit faster on the first button push, but it sends no app notification for subsequent button pushes (I did wait a few seconds for the blue ring light to return indicating ready) until something like a minute passes. During that dead period it does not send detection notifications either. It seems the new firmware isn't ready for release.