Help with Amcrest AD110 Doorbell

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
we2travel

Help with Amcrest AD110 Doorbell

Post by we2travel »

Has anyone had success in viewing the video feed from their Amcrest AD110 doorbell on the Amazon Echo Show? The Echo Show announces "Someone's at the doorbell", but does not show the video feed. If I ask the Echo Show to show the doorbell, Alexa responds that the doorbell is not responding and to check it's network connection and power supply. The doorbell works perfectly with the Amcrest Smart Home app for both audio and video.

I have the Amcrest Smart Home skill enabled and linked to my Amazon account, but the Alexa app on my iPhone only sees the AD110 as a doorbell but not as a camera as well. I have tried using the Monocle server approach, but no success there either. However I am not certain that I have the correct RTSP URL for Monocle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!! - Bill
smacaulay

Re: Help with Amcrest AD110 Doorbell

Post by smacaulay »

I'm having the same issue. Has anyone figured this out?
narnwv

Post by narnwv »

Just tried setting mine up today and am having the same issue. Time for a different doorbell?
jpsoutlook

Post by jpsoutlook »

Oh man, it took forevery to get it working delete reset disable the skill, etc.....then one day Alex just wont show the dam front door no matter what you do. So pissed....it still works on the phone. The AD110 works with Amcrest Surveillance Pro, and Blue Iris 5 so I am farliey certain they dont care as they are trying to push you to pay for a service perhaps. I looked everywhere and did not see that you need a paid account to say Alex show me front door. I have been resetting every thing, I have three router, two hard wired brided so I have lossless wifi. Tried having everything on same SSID also, before it worked regarless. Yes Alexa sees it as a doorbell and gives it an email icon. ROFL I also have two Amcrest IP2M-841B-V3, so when I was trouble shooting I remove them from amcrestcloud also even though they are not on same app/website etc. But in the end when I did get it working it was when I add the cams first, which should not matter. I have spent so much time on this. I just want stuff I can use without a service so called clould....thats a server folks....I have my own. There is not reason why your door bell cant show video directly to your echo show.
vbimmr

Post by vbimmr »

Hi @jpsoutlook ,

I have the same issue - what a surprise - and I am interested in getting more details of how you sorted it out.
I have doorbell camera for more than one year, and my mechanical chime is failing and decided to get a chime. Then I realized that Echo Show 5 is cheaper than the Amcrest Chime, so I went for "smart."
I am a new Alexa user.
I don't understand what do you mean by "I added cams first... then it started to work"
Could you provide some details?
---
Echo Show 5
Amcrest Doorbell first-gen (I assume Ad110) - with Amcrest Smart HOme
Amcrest Dome outdoor wifi - with Amcrest Cloud

I added first the doorbell, using Smart Home Skill - Only Chime and Announce work, classic.
I recall seeing AD110 as Cam, In Add New Device menu ->Cameras->Amcrest .... but did not know what to do ... there was no way to make that work.
I then added Dome camera OK. The Dome is detected fine and SHows fine
But now, I cannot get the AD110 to appear even after removing Doorbell and Disable Skill.
Your help is appreciated.
Thanks
jpsoutlook

Post by jpsoutlook »

Well, I have not messed with mine since that post and live view stopped working on my iPhone for a long time but then just the other day it started working. I will come back to this later, I have been uninstalling all my browsers and scanning my pcs for DAYZZzzz.