Help! AD410 won't go into hotspot mode

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
BrianM71

Help! AD410 won't go into hotspot mode

Post by BrianM71 »

For little background, I ordered a 410 and had it working before it just bricked itself on the same day of install. I sent that one back and got this replacement but it won't go into hotspot mode. I've tried resetting it but it does not reset. So far I'm 0 for 2 on these things and I'm losing faith in the product. How can I get this one going?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Help! AD410 won't go into hotspot mode

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

How have you tried to connect this camera? You doing it on the outside like it was intended or you trying at your Desk?

If you have it connected right. 2 wires to the install area, 1 from your doorbell chime, and 1 from the Transformer. Then the Chime Kit needs to be installed on the Doorbell Chime between the T and F or B.. IF it is connected like that and when you connect to power, there should be some Light dance. Any of that?
Be Safe.
BrianM71

Post by BrianM71 »

All that is installed correctly. Yes, the doorbell is mounted outside and the chime kit is properly connected to the T and F. No light dance, just a solid blue ring out of the box.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok Sorry it really kind of sounds like that it might be either broke or used and needs to be Reset...

So I just Went and Reset mine.. I am not sure if your cover came off however on mine when I tried to remove the cover to get to Reset/Micro Sd Slot the cover came out. So I removed it from my Smart Home App first, I then Press the Reset button. While I can't find the Key right now I used a 18ga Brad Nail from my Air Brad Nailer, After pressing the button feeling the button click if you will.. I held it maybe 10 to 15 seconds I didn't count sorry, The Doorbell then said it was Resetting. After it Reset and came back online it said Hot Spot Enabled. I then went to App and pressed the + adding it back using it's ASH-xxxxxxxx Hotspot. If your cover is off it is the smaller of the 2 holes for Reset, When you press in that hole if it isn't straight on you might miss the Micro Switch. Because of the Brad Nail I had to angle from center of camera toward the outside and not really straight in. You will feel the button push in. Just hold it there until it says it reset..
Screenshot_20220822-185555_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
Screenshot_20220822-185555_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (289.51 KiB) Viewed 1231 times
Be Safe.
BrianM71

Post by BrianM71 »

Ah, I just pulled more of the wiring out of he wall and found a frayed area. Gonna cut the frayed wiring, reconnect on and see if that fixes the problem.
BrianM71

Post by BrianM71 »

So it turned out that there were no frayed wires, it was just the outside coating. Anyways I've tried THREE of these now and all I get is a solid blue light. Won't go into pairing mode, won't reset. I think I'm done with AMCREST. I'll return these three and I guess I'll look for a different brand. Have no idea what's up with these things.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Just wondering if you have tried to bench install the camera? What do I mean?

I mean installing the camera at a Desk/Table area where you have a USB connection and able to connect the camera VIA USB rather then over the normal camera installing way?

Why?

Well by installing it VIA the desk/table or bench way you will know if for sure there is an issue with the camera via the Doorbell install area of the camera. You see the USB connection area is not connected in the same way the normal connection area is. So even if the Doorbell way didn't work the USB way did. I am thinking seeing your saying that the camera turns on VIA the front light on the camera that it has be to getting power

What I would do? Personally I would take camera to USB C connector and setup at the bench, I wouldn't touch the button while in this setting (Meaning don't try to ring it) then once I have it setup on the Bench I would take and install it in the area where it belongs. I would also give it 2 to 5 minutes between USB and 16vac.

I would before any of that double check that the Doorbell's Power Supply is 16vac 30va Min..
Be Safe.