ECHO Dot and AD410 Chime question

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
McchuckinPA

ECHO Dot and AD410 Chime question

Post by McchuckinPA »

Is there a way to get the chime sound to play through the Echo Dot 3rd gen speaker?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ECHO Dot and AD410 Chime question

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I have not bought the 410 yet however so far I am not sure why my AD110 isn't connected to my Echo Dot.. I do have a Ring Doorbell Pro that does talk with my Dot and has settings with in my Amazon Alexa app.. Most of my Smart HOme is connected Via Amcrest it just don't have all the options that my Ring Doorbell does with my Dot.. I will try and Reset one of my Amcrest Doorbells and see if I can get it to make a different type connection with my Echo, Normally my Dot just says that an Amcrest device is active..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so I just reset my camera, Setup to Smart home, Looked in my Alexa app and the camera shows up. I clicked on Alert me when button pressed but NO didn't alert me so I thought maybe it was because I needed to remove from Amcrest Smart home app however removing the camera from there it also removed it from my Alexa app.. At this time only thing I can get to talk to my Dot is my Ring Doorbell.. I will keep trying..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

LOL.. Ok Alexa tries to work my AD110.. However it was kind of a pain..

This time I setup my doorbell to be called back door. I then went into Alexa Skill on the app, I disabled the Amcrest Skill, I then after a minute I re-enabled it, I then was asked to sign into my Amcrest Smart home account, after a few seconds the Skill turned on.. So I am not sure why or what is going on.. When I push the button I don't get Dot to say that it was pushed however when I ask Alexa to talk to the back door she says ok and then the system has very bad sounds in my Doorbell camera and then nothing So I tell Alexa off and it goes back to stand by.. About a min or so later the doorbell camera says it has connected to network.. So it seems that the Dot is Crashing my AD110..

With the AD410 I think works with 5g maybe the issue for me that my Ad110 only is 2.4 and the dot is on 5 maybe the issue is traffic related on my system.. Be careful almost sounds like the AD410 is kind of flaky like the 110 was when first released.. I am taking a chance everytime I am trying this so far lucky for me it is only crashing my camera comes back online able to be seen in Amcrest Smart Home app without issue...
Be Safe
ExtremeSkiBum

Post by ExtremeSkiBum »

McchuckinPA wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:33 pm Is there a way to get the chime sound to play through the Echo Dot 3rd gen speaker?
Yes, I was able to get it to work with Alexa, BlueIris and the SmartHome app.
Thoughts4You

Post by Thoughts4You »

ExtremeSkiBum wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:48 am
McchuckinPA wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:33 pm Is there a way to get the chime sound to play through the Echo Dot 3rd gen speaker?
Yes, I was able to get it to work with Alexa, BlueIris and the SmartHome app.
Do tell how you got it to work with Alexa.
cliver

Post by cliver »

@McchuckinPA
Did you get this working?
I have a few dots and a show I'd like to get working with my AD410, even if just to play the chime when the doorbell is pressed but even better if the show can also display the camera feed as well.
@ExtremeSkiBum
Care to share how you did this please?
MattBennett

Post by MattBennett »

amcrest2mqtt does the trick for me. With a little work, now when the doorbell is pressed my echo dots play a doorbell chime .