Disconnect hell returns.......ad110

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Danual

Disconnect hell returns.......ad110

Post by Danual »

Soooo all been well since the last update, evening disconnecting hell has returned.
WTF is it with these things. And amcrest tech help so far has been a joke.

Been 2 hours....
Attachments
360EF7B2-09D5-44FB-929C-74511F08970D.png
360EF7B2-09D5-44FB-929C-74511F08970D.png (916.88 KiB) Viewed 1351 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Disconnect hell returns.......ad110

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Might want to check your system. My Ad110's are still online and so is my Ash21 all 3 devices are Smart Home. Doorbell cameras are connected to NVR so I didn't even look at App until you said offline or issues so I use Smart Home app and camera is still on there as well. No Server issue on this side of the US anyway..

I used my Cell to make connection on my Wifi network and my Cell network and both connected to camera without issue.. Maybe do a System Reboot see if that cures it
Be Safe.
Danual

Post by Danual »

Yeah, my network is fine, 12ft from router, checked the power supply, 18v at the doorbell, 2.5amp supply in 18awg wire with a 2 meter run.
Beginning to not trust this unit, currently not available to purchase in the uk at the moment, so not sure how I’m gonna Get it replaced.

Don’t think it’s a server issue. More a rebooting issue like before.
Danual

Post by Danual »

3 hours of reboots and it’s sorted itself out with no obvious input from me. Was just about to hard reset it too but noticed it’s been stable for 30mins. So frustrating

Also the sd card timeline is always blank, have to tap the 3 lines (hamburger icon) to access the motion recordings, and they all have no thumbnail either, just the amcrest placeholder
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hummm issue with MSD card seems like it isn't in and or needs to be Reset in the camera and Formatted.. Sorry I can't speak for UK.. I am not sure if the server is even really setup for support in the UK..

Only other thing is that it could be Network issue from that side of the water to this side for stable connection to the servers...
Be Safe.
Danual

Post by Danual »

Sd card saves all recordings and I can access them. Just the timeline is blank and the thumbnails are the amcrest placeholder. The whole things been rest, deleted and formatted several times.
It always seems to just ‘sort itself out’ with nothing I do specifically changing things.

So when it says successfully connected to network, is that my WiFi or amcrest servers.

Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I just did a Test.. I took my Camera off the back power and before it went offline I blocked my Router from giving access to the Doorbell camera to the internet.. It will still give it access to the network just not let it have access to the Internet.. Once it went offline I returned power to the doorbell and I waited and once it was done charging the doorbell camera came online with the Connected to the network. So that just means it is connecting to your network.. Now I did confirm that it did connect to my NVR but when I brought up my App it said it was offline.. This is a way I can simulate a Server Offline event.. IT did say it connected to the Network as soon as my Router and Camera connected..

So if your having that message over and over I would make sure to Reboot your Router, Make sure to have a good Close Connection.. Don't think because your phone or other device works in that are with full power that the Camera has the same ability to enhance your wifi signal because most Cell phones for many years and other devices have Wifi boosting abilities... Also it might not be a Wifi issue make sure your Power to the device is constant and good at all times. No loose connections in the Wire Caps and good wiring from source to the camera...

When in doubt Move the Power to the Camera and BENCH TEST the camera with power and CHime Kit right at the camera if able.. Power needed is 16vac 30va with good cable and good supply of power...
Be Safe.
Danual

Post by Danual »

Thanks for the tests, got a solid and steady 18.2v at the bell over 18awg copper cable thats only 2mtr in length from power supply. That’s a 2.5a (40va) supply. Will try more tests.
Also have a 24v 100va supply too I might test with, but not sure this will make a difference.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Don't use a 24vac transformer it will cook your Chime Kit.. I have cooked 3 total ad110 chime kits myself and 4 others that I know people that were working with stand alone setups.. Some was damaged because they were having issues with connection and took my 24vac 100va Transformer to show them there was nothing wrong with the camera.. Sadly at the time didn't know that using a 24vac transformer causes the transformer to go into a low volt state and over current state when the button is pressed on the doorbell camera.. I did not learn of these facts until I was doing some testing with a Amp meter and volt meter while I was testing I seen my volt drop to about 2.4vac and my amp meter that was on 20amp setting at the time had gone to 10amps and then I realized what was going on and pulled the transformer.. I setup it back up on my 16vac 30 va transformer and connected my indoor bell back up and once power was restored the doorbell just constantly went off... I have since fixed the 7 Chime Kits and everyone I know that was on 24vac is now working on 16vac transformers.. I have since learned not to use a 24vac again...
Be Safe.
Danual

Post by Danual »

Thanks Revo, good to know. I’ll swerve the 24v then. Wish amcrest would stick to one recommendation for power supply. Would make things easier