Disable AD110 Doorbell Overlay

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
chenzomo

Re: Disable AD110 Doorbell Overlay

Post by chenzomo »

I just got this doorbell and was able to add this to Blue Iris once I setup with the Amcrest Smart Home App.

Double time stamp google-fu got me right to this page and I ran these 2 commands.

<doorbell_ip>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.EncodeBlend=false

<doorbell_ip>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.PreviewBlend=false

It did not work at first glance but when maximized it was gone. Was able to determine that this only removes the timestamp from the MainStream NOT the SubStream

I disabled my sub stream in BI and it worked. Now for 2 way audio : )
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I believe changing [0] to [1] should change the substream.
Hawkins

Post by Hawkins »

GaryOkie wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:34 am Oh, BTW - I also found that I could use the VideoWidget command to change the color and position of the timestamp. I even tried to position it "out of bounds" to hide it, but that didn't work.
I've looked through the API. Do you mind sharing how you changed the position of the time?

I'd like to try to do the following with the date/time if possible:

1) Remove the day i.e. "Thursday"
2) PLace in top left corner instead of top right corner
3) Maybe shrink font size a bit.

I tested here cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&ExternalDoorBell. and didn't have any success.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

@Hawkins - This command will show you the current time configurations and what is possible to change for the AD410/AD110 time overlay:
http://<ip_addr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle

The easiest way to reposition the time and/or camera name is to use Amcrest Surveillance Pro or a compatible NVR. Once you've set up the doorbell, the option is under Device config/<doorbell name>/Camera/Encode/Overlay. Then you just click on the Time and drag it to where you want. Ditto for the camera name.

There are no options to change any other time attributes in ASP (although some NVR's might). To change them, the API is needed.

Remove Weekday from timestamp:
<ip_addr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.ShowWeek=false

Change timestamp color from white (RGB all 255's) to yellow:
<ip_addr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.FrontColor[2]=0
FrontColor[0] = <0-255> RED
FrontColor[1] = <0-255> GREEN
FrontColor[2] = <0-255> BLUE
FrontColor[3] = <0-255> Transparency (0=none)

Same as above for timestamp background color using BackColor[0-3] current default is gray/50% transparent

Reposition Timestamp (Coord Range is [0-8191]):
<ip_addr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.Rect[0]=<left coord>&VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.Rect[1]=<top coord>

It's not clear that Rect[2] and [3] right/bottom coord really need to be set, so try without changing it first. As to changing the font size, the API via VideoWidget doesn't support it. You said you have reviewed the API manual - the section you want for further detail is 4.5.12 Video Widget.
Hawkins

Post by Hawkins »

GaryOkie wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:59 am @Hawkins - This command will show you the current time configurations and what is possible to change for the AD410/AD110 time overlay:
http://<ip_addr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle

The easiest way to reposition the time and/or camera name is to use Amcrest Surveillance Pro or a compatible NVR. Once you've set up the doorbell, the option is under Device config/<doorbell name>/Camera/Encode/Overlay. Then you just click on the Time and drag it to where you want. Ditto for the camera name.

There are no options to change any other time attributes in ASP (although some NVR's might). To change them, the API is needed.

Remove Weekday from timestamp:
<ip_addr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.ShowWeek=false

Change timestamp color from white (RGB all 255's) to yellow:
<ip_addr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.FrontColor[2]=0
FrontColor[0] = <0-255> RED
FrontColor[1] = <0-255> GREEN
FrontColor[2] = <0-255> BLUE
FrontColor[3] = <0-255> Transparency (0=none)

Same as above for timestamp background color using BackColor[0-3] current default is gray/50% transparent

Reposition Timestamp (Coord Range is [0-8191]):
<ip_addr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.Rect[0]=<left coord>&VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.Rect[1]=<top coord>

It's not clear that Rect[2] and [3] right/bottom coord really need to be set, so try without changing it first. As to changing the font size, the API via VideoWidget doesn't support it. You said you have reviewed the API manual - the section you want for further detail is 4.5.12 Video Widget.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

The "ShowWeek" option doesn't exist in my VideoWidget[0].

All I have are:
table.VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.BackColor[0]=0
table.VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.BackColor[1]=0
table.VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.BackColor[2]=0
table.VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.BackColor[3]=128
table.VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.EncodeBlend=true
table.VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.FrontColor[0]=255
table.VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.FrontColor[1]=255
table.VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.FrontColor[2]=255
table.VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.FrontColor[3]=0
table.VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.PreviewBlend=true
table.VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.Rect[0]=8191
table.VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.Rect[1]=0
table.VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.Rect[2]=8191
table.VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.Rect[3]=0
'The other changes seemed to work for me too. Thanks so much for the advice here!!
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Thanks for confirming your success with these configs @Hawkins. Apparently the VideoWidget "ShowWeek" Time attribute was only present in the AD410 firmware, not the AD110.

So I did a bit more digging and found a solution. Use the "VideoInWidget" API instead. This will work:

<ip_addr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInWidget[0].TimeTitle.ShowWeek=false
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@GaryOkie Looking at what you posted before and this command here they are the same did you edit the first post to them or was this the wrong command on accident?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Revo, the commands I posted are not the same. VideoWidget vs VideoInWidget.

Per the Amcrest API Guide:

VideoWidget config contains Channel Title, Covers and Time Title parameters, defines the
background color, front color and positions of channel title and time title, and defines the
regions which are not visible (cover).

Oddly, VideoInWidget isn't documented anywhere that I know of. I only found it through a config dump on the AD110. Apparently the devs corrected this on the AD410 to use the normal VideoWidget API.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awe I see now I didn't check letter for letter just seen start and end of the area didn't look at in being in there thought might have been the same either way both gave me an ok but nothing happen with week day. I tried my amcrest nvr at first no mark by time but still there so added it to my Dahua nvr tried in there oddly changed color to black letters and different location camera became un stable I reset gave up trying.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry I was wrong when I said both gave OK.. I just did it again today and the first one says Error, Last night when I ran it I thought I had copied the first one and pasted it the Last one was still there. Looking at the Browser history says I ran it 2 times. I guess when I CTRL C for copy of the first one it didn't copy and seeing I only did to the /cgi at the start for both when pasted would have looked the same.. Anyway first one does error second one does say OK however no change.. I know it normally would work right away after the command but even thought ok maybe it wants a reboot so I rebooted the doorbell and still Saturday is still there..
Be Safe