Digital Chime not working with two AD410's

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Digital Chime not working with two AD410's

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So the way you have it wired now might be the issue to why it cut off? I am not sure really I just know it was said before in the AD110 not to wire 2 at the same point like a person that only had 1 tone system for the front door.. It might be that your 30va is fine and that it shut down as a protection that kicked in.. I do have a few different Transformers and later today I will go connect my 30va up to my 2 AD110 and do some testing.. The thing is that as much as I want to test 2 on 1 setup like you have I don't want to kill my doorbell cameras..

So I know it is a lot of work. But here is something I think needs to be done for safety and to know for sure your system is still working as expected.. Disconnect one of the Chime Kits and remove power from 1 of the doorbell cameras, Test, Then remove that one just tested and connect (Chime Kit and camera) and install the chime kit and camera on C2..

Test what we are looking for is that the Chime Kit isn't damaged. The AD110 chime Kit and the Ad410 almost the same with different resistors in the box outside of that everything else is the same. It might be with the changes it has made the Chime kit work better and take little more abuse then it could before.. Personally not sure. However if the Chime kit is damaged your doorbell will just non stop keep ringing.. I mean mine would go for a couple seconds and stop then go again and stop and so on when the chime kit was bad..

If both chime kits are good then 1 camera leg on C1 and one on C2 and same for the Chime Kits this should be all good to go..

Things to note:
Please don't do Updates at night if your camera uses night vision my guess is that while 30va should be fine if the system is working at night with both in IR and both doing mad work (lots of Traffic or maybe a BBQ in the back and people leaving care packages in the front) with loads of active use at night the power might become an issue also if you have kids that Ring and Dash both front and back this might be a lot to have the transformer keep up with..

When button is pressed there is no power going to the Camera (So if you need extra time out) like in my setup of the AD110 I have one on back with normal fast tone but the one for front has 7 second. In these times after button is pressed there is no power at the camera it isn't until the chime ends that the power starts back with a bit of Inrush current, Then say you answer the call, before the time is up even because you seen them coming up to the door. That power is coming from the cameras Cap.. Multi press of the button within setup time won't matter and only be seen as 1 push however say it is setup for 7 seconds and runs that 7 push again another 7 and each time if there is no charge back to the Cap things can get offline events.. I have made some signs for some of my friends that I have helped with installing their doorbell cameras that says please only press button once every 45 seconds to give me time to answer. Multi Rings go unanswered Thanks.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
punwannabe

Post by punwannabe »

Thank you for the info. I was going to try the testing and noticed one of the door chime kit wires was sliding out. I tightened the connection and both doorbell cameras seemed to be working. Both front and back chimes would ring and I was able view video from cameras using the same connections. Later that day, I noticed the back door camera lost power, went offline and lost wifi connection. I checked again a few minutes later and it was back online again. Later that evening, I noticed again the back camera had no power. I thought it was because the front camera was using too much power after we came home from grocery shopping by making several trips back and forth from the car to the house at nighttime, causing the back camera to lose power. This time the doorbell camera would not go back online. I removed the doorbell and tried powering it through microusb and powered up fine. I tried connecting it back outside and it wouldn’t power on. I tried hard resetting the doorbell and reconnecting outside, but it still wouldn’t power on.

I had some time today to try some tests. I disconnected the back doorbell camera and chime kit, tested the front doorbell and it was working fine. I then disconnected the front doorbell camera & chime kit and installed the back doorbell camera and chime kit on C2. The doorbell would not power on. I tried changing the chime kit by using the front door chime kit instead and it still did not power on.

Right now, the front doorbell camera works fine after separating both wires from C1. Wired: 1 wire in AC, 1 wire V/AC, 1 wire C1, 1 wire C2, with the door chime kit in AC & C1 (attached is a photo).

I tried re-installing the back camera with chime kit in AC & C2, but still would not power on.

I’m not sure if the electrician wired the door chime a special way where both wires (C1 & C2) need to go together in C1 in order to power the back doorbell or if there might be an issue with the doorbell since it was working before.
Attachments
20210914_182426.jpg
20210914_182426.jpg (2.11 MiB) Viewed 4816 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure how they have your system wired and that is main issue... From what I have seen of that doorbell Chime.. AC and V/AC need to be connected to the 16vac Transformer... Then the V/AC side goes to 1 peg of the Switch (Doorbell camera now) the second peg goes to C1 Then the second doorbell should be wired the same with V/AC going to 1 peg of the Switch (Doorbell Camera 2 now) and the second peg of the camera goes to C2 Then there is as you have it now with the Chime Kit One wire (White ) going to AC and one (White Blue Stripe) C1 and the other would be same however White and Blue Stripe would go to C2 that would be with the camera wire being connected...

So I did the Diagram again.. This time Reflecting what it should be like. I left the Switches where they were on 1 and 2 and connected the cameras to the wiring that is showing Open Switch (Open Switch would be the Cameras PEG 1 and Peg 2) Then Chime kits are above with 1 wire
Doorbell.png
Doorbell.png (27.76 KiB) Viewed 4814 times
Be Safe
punwannabe

Post by punwannabe »

Amcrest support originally sent me an image of a wiring diagram for setting up 2 AD410's which was wrong. Their diagram was also a little difficult for me to figure out because my Honeywell digital chime has different terminals. The diagram James made for me was perfect since it showed all the same exact terminals for my chime. For some reason my rear door AD410 stopped powering up, so James had me perform some tests. The chime kit ended up being fine and most likely the fuse was blown so I sent it back. I received a new replacement AD410, wired it up and both doorbells have been working as they should for the past couple of weeks. I didn't need to upgrade my existing NuTone C907 16Volt, 30VA transformer. Thank you James for all your time and help in resolving my issues. I really appreciate it! If it wasn't for your help, I would have gave up on trying to use two AD410's and just kept one of them for my front door.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome to hear that you got things back up and working after the new one came in. Glad that with your testing able to find for sure one of the Cameras ended up going bad.. After we talked about your Diagram, found it was on the Amcrest Website and because of our talking about it and finding it listed I was able to help get that updated so that diagram is now drawn right. Had I never seen yours, I would have never looked for it, seeing I have had 2 AD110 connected for some time now. Fixing that I hope will help others not have the same fate as one of your cameras had...

Thank you for updating the thread and again glad to be able to help. That is what the Forum is for trying to help others when and how we can.

Be safe
James
Be Safe