Cannot pair AD410 succesfully

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
raw65

Re: Cannot pair AD410 succesfully

Post by raw65 »

Like @OneGoal I also created an account solely to thank @Cr4z33. It's hard to believe that almost 4 months after the original post this issue still exists. How can an issue this critical go unaddressed for so long?

Anyway, thank you @Cr4z33! I got my AD410 paired and configured thanks to you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

The easy answer to that is because it is an issue that isn't able to be duplicated. When Someone contacts Support with an issue and it is taking on my a Local Support not a phone support member in general it will be setup on a Mock setup and if the issue is the same that the person reporting the issue is having that it will go to the next level for a Support Fix. Right now only issue I know of is with iOS and that is something that isn't an issue with Amcrest but the way Apple was running things and then changed, So now the program while it might work 55% of things it isn't 100% and takes time for Amcrest R&D to fix that issue to conform to Apples new setup..

Having a AD410 myself I have setup after a Reset many times. There is 1 issue that I have ran into a couple of times and that issue is an issue with the Phone not the App. What is the Solution? For my issue it was doing a search for the Hotspot manually. I find it to then be prompted to access it before I can even really choose to use the one I found like I was just trying to go to fast.

There was another person that had an issue with installing the doorbell, My guess found this post and tried to uses DMSS and was still not able to setup the camera. I personally thought it was because they were using iOS and after installing Droid on a differnet system they were able to get the Camera installed.

On my old iPhone 6+ I don't have the updated software and I just reset the Ad410 and was able to reinstall it back to my Router on my iOS iPhone 6plus. I did another reset and I used this time my Samsung 22Ultra and was able to install it without the issue that I have had a few times. After the system prompt for hotspot I was able to connect and setup as normal..

So while I don't know what the real issue with the AD410 is, or why some people are having more issues then others while trying to setup the device. If Support staff that is giving the Task to setup using thier phone and other deives are able to setup with out an issue then it becomes hard to know where or what to fix.

Kind of odd that for some DMSS it works and for others it don't.. Then for me it works and will admit sometime back in 2021 I had to reset 3 times before it could give the Hotspot other then that I have not had an issue outside the Auto find of the hotspot but able to find it doing a search of the wifi pool of close devices..

I will pass along to Amcrest the issue to have the look more into it and hope they can find the issue and the solution.

Be Safe.
Be Safe.
raw65

Post by raw65 »

So this isn't a problem that all iOS users have? Interesting.
What is the Solution? For my issue it was doing a search for the Hotspot manually.
I did try that when I was attempting to install initially but it didn't seem to help in my case. That's when I started googling and found the DMSS solution.
the way Apple was running things and then changed
Indeed, developing for Apple is an absolute pain. Reminds me of trying to support IE6 back in the day.
If Support staff that is giving the Task to setup using thier phone and other deives are able to setup with out an issue then it becomes hard to know where or what to fix.
I know that problem all too well! I've been a software developer for a looong time.

Anyway, this forum has been extremely helpful already. Had another issue with DST being off by a few days and found a solution here too.

So far I am VERY happy with the AD410 despite those minor hiccups. I love that I can integrate it with my home automation and DVR systems (Home Assistant and Frigate).
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Don't waste your time trying to use DMSS there is no connection between the 2 apps. DmSS uses Doorbell before the SN in Hotspot so there is nothing DMSS is doing to later make it work in Amcrest SH App.

If your using iOS find someone with a Droid phone to set up the doorbell

There is no Magic after DMSS fails.
Be Safe.