Can't connect camera to wifi

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
CooleRnax

Re: Can't connect camera to wifi

Post by CooleRnax »

So far setup using ipad worked, it still had issues with spaces, but entering wifi name manually worked fine.
There is a bug in android app.
zmaj101

Post by zmaj101 »

I have the same problem. Really frustrating. The crazy thing is I have an Amcrest doorbell and four other cameras (including an ASH21-B) that work fine with a space in the SSID. However, I just got a new ASH21-W and I cannot get it to set up. It will only show the first word in my SSID and won't connect.

Changing my SSID is not a very practical option since I have about 40 other devices connected to it. I don't want to spend all night reprogramming every other smart device in the house.
zmaj101

Post by zmaj101 »

Got it to work. I installed the Smart Home app on my daughter's iphone. It still wouldn't detect the full SSID automatically. However, when I put the full name in manually, it connected (this did NOT work on the Android app).

Definitely a bug unique to the ASH21-W-v2. This was a major pain.
edgarhf17

Post by edgarhf17 »

I have the same problem, I can't connect my ASH21-W-v2 to my WIFI.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If you have connected your camera using cable then you will need to Reset the camera back to factory and start setup in Wifi only
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
edgarhf17

Post by edgarhf17 »

I have done the factory reset of the camera like 5 times and it still does not work.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry about the issues. I don't have the v2 so I can't say. I just know that at one time my camera worked on or off wifi even after connection to Ethernet now however that is no longer the case. If I make mistake and connect to cable I will have to reset it and start over and setup on Wifi only.

Maybe there was something missed when you tried here is the info about wifi setup
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... nly-Method
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe