Can't Add Camera to Smart Home

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
hawkeye62

Can't Add Camera to Smart Home

Post by hawkeye62 »

I have a Smart Home account with my AD110 DB installed. I can easily access the AD110 and see the view of my front porch, make setting changes, etc. I have a new ASH47 camera that I want to install for a view of my backyard. The ASH47 needs Smart Home for installation. ASH47 instructions say to log into Smart Home and "tap on Add Device". There is no "Add Device" window. When I start Smart Home, it automatically opens the AD110 camera. Any advice on how to get my ASH47 added to my Smart Home account will be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can't Add Camera to Smart Home

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So in the Smart Home app there should be a arrow button on the top left. If not then you may want to press the center area below for notices then press the button on the bottom left for devices again. However at the top there should be ability to move back to home area in that area is the + for adding new devices..

This is a picture of one of my Many SH devices. In the picture you can see the COG and then on the left there is the back arrow.
Screenshot_20230309_151347_Amcrest Smart Home_resized.jpg
Screenshot_20230309_151347_Amcrest Smart Home_resized.jpg (233.24 KiB) Viewed 1177 times
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Thanks for the reply.

Well, I messed around and used a second Email address that I use to create a second Smart Home account. It was relatively easy to add the ASH47 to that account. But, now when I start Smart Home, it automatically logs on to the ASH47. I can't figure out how to switch to the AD110. I guess I could delete the ASH47 and start over.

Regards, Jim
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Well, I messed around and deleted the ASH47 account. Then I was successful in adding the ASH47 to my existing Smart Home account. I now have both camera views. I am not sure how to select the camera I want to work on.

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure what Device your working with. However as I showed and said before there should be a back arrow when you are on a Device and want to look at the list or if you look at this picture you can click one of the buttons at the bottom and then click the one on the far left bottom to get to your device list. I have made different device lists and that is why I have some named things showing as well.. It don't matter where I am at if i am on a device I am able to hit back arrow to get to others..
Screenshot_20230309_213557_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
Screenshot_20230309_213557_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (204.81 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

I have managed to get the ASH47 installed in Smart Home along with the AD110. And it has been added to ASP where I can view the video. I have it installed in a temporary position on a basement wall. (I must remember to NOT make any setting changes in ASP.) I don't remember if it is safe to make adjustments to the view in ASP. I am waiting for warmer weather to install it in a permanent location under the lower deck.

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also keep in mind if easier to use AVP once the cameras are setup in SH App you can also view in AVP if you set up there as well.
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Can AVP safely make changes to cameras installed in Smart Home?

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No, AD110 and others you will not want to make much if any changes in any of the apps offered other then SH app. I mean there are websites that say you can make changes in things like ASH47 and AD410 however every time I have ever made a change in any option even IP config as Amcrest Website says you can. I have very fast Regret after and have to Reset back to factory. Now I just leave them as they were setup from Default and call it a day..

Was just saying that people are able to use AVP so you and others that don't already know reading this can add to the app if they have other Amcrest IP cameras in use in the app already as a way to have 1 app for all devices even ASH47 in AVP. Sorry if I made it seem it would be able to work settings in my post. Just trying to make all things known..
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Yeah, I bricked an AD110 a few years ago when I used ASP to make a change to a setting. Wouldn't reset. Amcrest replaced it.

Regards, Jim