Can not get two cameras to reconnect

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
stillrivereditions

Can not get two cameras to reconnect

Post by stillrivereditions »

For several months I have had two cameras working perfectly using Smart Home app on iPhone. But today lost both, have tried so many things to get them back.Reset each completely and started over, it can not see either camera using wi-fi only setup or even ethernet setup. Rebooted everything, routers, iPhone, each cameras. YouTube help videos are no use.

Funny thing is I can see them via IP in an app on my Mac that scans my network for IP address of devices. Any ideas folks?

Cameras are ASH22 and a ASH21
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can not get two cameras to reconnect

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

So I am not sure you mention that you have Reset and so on so if there is something your trying to do outside the Smarthome app I am not sure why it wouldn't work within the app seeing that is where it would need to be Reset from..

So not sure about 22 haven't seen it. ASH21 I own 1 and at one time mine was working differently then others however I have since started to have issue with mine as well..

This issue is related to Wifi not working after having the Cable plugged in so now in order for it to work even in ASP on WIFI I have to setup on wifi and never plug in a cable.. Once a cable is plugged in all ports are closed on Wifi so only way to get it to work is to Reset it.. So after Reset it has be be setup without the cable plugged in if it is setup with cable plugged in once cable is removed and camera reboots all ports close

Solution is to Remove from app, Plug in only the Power cable only. Reset camera, setup using Wifi method and once setup it will work on ASP or 3rd party hardware and software
Be Safe.