Can I power the AD410 via USB?

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
conrad141

Can I power the AD410 via USB?

Post by conrad141 »

I was gifted the AD410, but I do not have any existing doorbell wiring.

I’m wondering if I can power it via the USB port on the back. It would be very simple for me to run a USB cord out to where I need it installed because there is an existing hole in the wall. Otherwise I will need to use a transformer of some sort, which would mean running a larger cable.

Has anyone done this?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can I power the AD410 via USB?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

Yes you can power the doorbell camera on a 2amp 5v power supply. Same type that you would use with the Amcrest 841, 941, 1051 type indoor cameras. Keep in mind that doing so will no short out the pins like it normally would when you have it connected using a Transformer to power a indoor chime.. Also means that when you setup you will want to make sure not to click anything in the setup related to doorbell. If that camera has the FW installed that asked what type you are using scroll down and just click Next. If you add a chime without one being installed it may damage the camera.. Same if someone uses the Pegs on the back and setup that there was a chime connected without having one or the chime kit connected..

So in install of the Doorbell, You wouldn't need the Chime Kit and the USB port is located on the back under a flap.. Just make sure that the area is coved so water can't get behind the camera. Using USB outside where water can get back there can damage the Electronics..
Be Safe.