ASH47 came today so far 1000000000% better then 1190W

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

ASH47 came today so far 1000000000% better then 1190W

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so anyone that has seen my post about the 1190W might have been able to tell I wasn't impressed and to be honest was little upset by the lack of Quality I have come to know about Amcrest Devices over the years of owning them..

Recap. 1190W had some in my mind Big issues right out of the gate. While the quality of Picture was there that wasn't good enough for the lack of quality in the rest of the camera..

Today I get the ASH47 and when I Open the Amazon box I got it out of I was like wow really small what is this even more of a TOY lol.. Box it comes in is tall and compact. Open the box and remove camera from package to be VERY Pleased with the Quality and workmanship of the body of the camera. The mounting plate is lacking a little bit for the quality of the camera. In truth when I seen it I thought Oh No this isn't going to be good. However when I removed the camera that changed right away.

Solid built, The speaker is Very loud over the 1190W that was almost not able to be heard. Quality of body how solid and sturdy it is from the touch. It makes me happy to know that it is Amcrest. I remove screws in the head of the camera body to insert a MicroSD card and right away I found this was (While built on top of camera head like 1190W is) this is a lot stronger and the screws are retained in the plate (1190W comes out) The plate is also pressed fitted into the area so some force just a little is needed to get the plate out of the body. 1190W was just there and slides around.. This does also have a out facing reset button with Rubber cover to access from outside of camera head personally not happy with this design seeing it will be facing the sky. So will have to see how the quality of the rubber last over time. Lucky for me I check my cameras and do yearly maint on them so that will be my first check point on this camera.

At first I setup the camera on my desk facing one of m monitors and when the Picture first came up after setup I was like oh NO.. However after changing the area the camera was viewing that change and camera quality is nice..

I installed a new Micro SD that was bought same time I bought the 1190w. In stalled and it asked if I wanted to Format, I said yes. Then after I logged out and back in it said there was a problem with card would I like to format it so I again said yes and this time it took me to the format even though it said it did I clicked Format and again said it did. However because the last 2 times it didn't reboot this time I did a Manual Reboot (Good to note only takes 1min 6 seconds for it to do a full reboot even though it says it can take a few.. After reboot I did a short 20 second manual record and playback was as expected..

The camera is Solid, speed of pan and tilt is good. I will admit that when I wanted to go to the left after going to the left a little already there was some lag with the input and even had to try a couple of times to get it to keep going. I find that in any direction it is going. If tilting down and then want to move little more down the input seems to be rejected. However once I added this camera to my 4216E-AI NVR and reboot the camera once again after the NVR was locked out the PT function is much better being controlled by my NVR.

I did turn off normal motion and have human detection turned on however it isn't like the AD410 where it gives you IVS rule so I have not tested it and I still get motion alerts that it was human without there being one so I am not sure if this feature wasn't done when released and it will end up being like the AD410 or if it will remain like it is.

So far in the less then 1 hour that I have had the camera I can say that I am happy with the Solid Quality build of the ASH47W and would say that it is much better in every way to the 1190W. I would be happy to give this camera to someone as a Gift with the idea that it would be a stepping stone for them to buy more Amcrest in the Future. I couldn't say that with the 1190W.

This is my Unpaid unbiased thoughts on this camera. I get nothing for things I say on the forum and my thoughts are mine that I am sharing for others. Between the 2 cameras 1190W and the ASH-47W the ASH is the way to go. I will live without the WebUI for a Quality build any day...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ASH47 came today so far 1000000000% better then 1190W

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also thought I would mention that the Mount can be used in 3 different ways it seems, Even though it didn't come with cable ties there are slots on the mount and an area of the plate for a Pipe and not sure how the plate would hold up to pipe clamps but wire ties like the ones that came with my long range Ubi Airmax Nanostations would be perfect.

Also note if you use the mount to connect to Ceiling you will not be able to use the mount for wall seeing the Ceiling mount method will require you to pop holes in plate that would then be unprotected to camera. So I hope Amcrest has a Stock of mounting hardware for the ASH47W uncase others want to mount it exposed after mounting it once before to ceiling.

Also the water Proof unit for the Ethernet port comes with Plug and was one Gripe I have about wifi cameras that offer boots without them The one that came with the 1190W didnt' have one yet this one does and that is Awesome..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:42 pm Also the water Proof unit for the Ethernet port comes with Plug and was one Gripe I have about wifi cameras that offer boots without them The one that came with the 1190W didnt' have one yet this one does and that is Awesome..
Thought I would clear up something in case others didn't understand what I was trying to say. The Water proof unit for RJ45 Ethernet connection in all other cameras I have bought that came with them (that were Wifi) didn't come with a Plug for the center of the unit where the Cable would normally go. So by using it there is no extra protection then leaving it off. However the Ash47 did come with that extra Plug and the 1190W did come with the Water Protection unit however there was no center tap plug like the Ash47 has.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK so for me while it is that much better then the 1190W it still has its faults..

IP Static don't retain IP I put in and save over time. I am not sure if it is after a set time or a Reboot either way IP changes.

Motion tracking you have to have Motion turned on only even though camera has Human detection I think there should be an option to have Tracking with Human as well.

For my camera I normally didn't have Motion enabled. I do now however Tracking don't work even though it was Checked and saved. Leaving app and returning to the app setting it was still set so I am not sure why mine isn't work and other people say their 1/2 does. 1/2 because after it tracks it don't return to where it started like the ASH21 or 841v3..

Also last thing. The camera isn't really a 4mp it would be seen as a 3mp in most devices. Setting this camera to a 4mp camera there is big difference in the FOV...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok just became night time to my ASH47W and as of right now my Motion Tracking is working. Tracking bugs lol.. IR is on and I have my ASH47W connected to my AI NVR on CH15, I setup to Tour CH15 on events so I know what is going on. My camera was tracking a bug motion event and it did return to starting spot after the event was over just as expected. So if there are others that it isn't I would double check that you have not made any cameras changes to the camera outside of the Smart Home app. If you have I would Reset your camera by pressing and holding the Reset button on the camera.
Be Safe.