ASH42-W Offline on my smart phone

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
riverratmike

ASH42-W Offline on my smart phone

Post by riverratmike »

I have a ASH42-W which is installed at my inlaws home about 10 miles from me. About once a week it looses connection to my smartphone and I can no longer access it. Anyone know why this may be happening. It stays connected on their desktop computer but again looses connection to my smartphone and I have to go over to their home and start all over to get it working on my phone again. Thanks for any help
smcneece

Re: ASH42-W Offline on my smart phone

Post by smcneece »

Mine is doing the same thing, last week it lost connect, had to factory reset it. And again today I just noticed it's offline again. Think it's time to box up and send back to amazon before my return window expires.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

At times issues happen and things needs some ironing out.. I would say that while it is still working just not on app atm if you did a reset again it should be back on the app... Before long the Support team will have things worked out.

I can tell you that I own the Ash21 while it is only 1080P in the last 2 times the server was offline for the 42 and the Ad110 the Ash21 was still working.. Maybe an option for replacement idea..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
malcolmwelker

Post by malcolmwelker »

Same thing here with the ASH42. Worked fine for about 3 days. Kind of tough to set up a ladder, climb 12 feet, take screws out and reset. I think they jump the gun going to production on this. OH. also be very careful putting a microSD in it. The first time the SD card dropped down into the camera. I was lucky shook it around and got a corner to come out.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@malcolmwelker Hello and welcome to the forum

Strange that it worked only 3 days then went offline anyway of knowing if it was at 2am on Tue?

Wondering if they have same issues the Ad110 did? Seems to be fixed now however I don't have the ASH42 I do have the ASH21 and it hasn't had any of the issues yet the ad110 and the 42 seem to be having..

About the MSD.. I am glad you were able to get yours out. I have another camera where the front comes off, and is large front because it is a Vari Focal lens camera and oddly the camera MSD is right under the IR when I was inserting it I thought it was clicked in removed my hands from it and crazy that it popped out, hit my hand and fell into the camera body that is 3 times as large as the front lens cover.. I tried for a while to get it out before I gave up and ended up taking the camera apart.. Sadly it lodged right behind the plate between the motherboard and plate so I had to take it all apart.. It is ok at least that showed me where the GEL pack is placed in that area and very big pain when I replace it every 2 years lol
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
kenf

Post by kenf »

My first ASH42-W wouldn't boot the first time so I would have to unplug the power cable and plug it back in - it always booted the 2nd time. I didn't want to install it outside for the same hassles mentioned above so I ordered a 2nd one. The 2nd one always booted the first time it was plugged in so I installed it outside but after 11 days it's now offline - no remote access. It's also the first time the camera has been rained on but connections are watertight.

I'm guessing the 2 issues might be related as it's possible the power was out briefly when the rain storm occurred. Maybe the power will go out again and it will boot back up (it's 400 miles away - bummer).