ASH26-W TURN OFF THE LOUD "NOW CONNECTED TO NETWORK" ANNOUNCEMENT

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
nixhome2020

ASH26-W TURN OFF THE LOUD "NOW CONNECTED TO NETWORK" ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by nixhome2020 »

How do I completely disable any and all speaker output from my ASH26-W ????

It is entirely too loud.

The goal of my camera's is to NOT make them noticeable to anyone who happens to be walking by.

If my Network goes down for whatever reason, and comes back up... the camera speaker blurts out "NOW CONNECTED TO NETWORK" loud enough to wake the dead.

I need to be able to either disable this feature, if you can call it that. OR turn the volume DOWN, OR let me pick another sound such as a discreet 'beep' or 'blip"

If AMCREST can't make something available to me to do one of those request... then next question is:

1. has anyone cracked one of these open, and simply snipped the speaker wires, or added resistor(s) to the circuit to lower the volume to something not so BLASTED LOUD?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ASH26-W TURN OFF THE LOUD "NOW CONNECTED TO NETWORK" ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Might be a way I don't know right now. I have looked and I can't find anything so you might want to ask in the Feature Request for SH devices to see if maybe the R&D can make something up for new FW release.. https://amcrest.com/forum/smarthome-fea ... uests-f34/
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

This may or may not work for you. Install Amcrest Surveillance Pro on PC.  Add your camera in Devices. Then go to Device Config, select your camera, then click Camera Audio, set Speaker Volume to zero, and Save.  It saved it on my ASH21.  You would have to test it for the "now connected" message on your camera.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I can say that the Audio is an option as Jack7 said. I did try it however the Siren still goes off and while I did Reboot the device and I didn't hear the Network connection The camera I listened to the siren from it don't help that there was a Strom at the same time I was testing. Also while I could hear the siren the other camera with Mic is about 80 feet from the ASH26 and I could hardly hear the siren. So it might have still been there for Connect. Maybe not. I will ask my Neighbor to go and Shut it down tonight when he gets home seeing I am not at that house right now where the ASH26 is mounted. I have Remote Garage Door so I will have him enter the door and try a shut down for 5 min and then restore power and see if it talks.

Sad news I looked on ASP for AD110 and 410 and that isn't an option for the Audio on them.. I just want to know so I can let others know in the future if that works..

Thanks jack7 for the Info.. If it pans out for the 26 I will pass it along as your work around until maybe someone fixes it in a Update. I mean option to turn off all sounds if you don't need them for 2 way is fine however using for 2 way and being off wouldn't work for them so update would be nice...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe