Ash26-W speaking to us

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
usafmomof2

Ash26-W speaking to us

Post by usafmomof2 »

Hello everyone. We recently installed the ASH26-W in our backyard. Everything was fine when we installed it but now it is doing something that we cannot find a fix for. When the spotlight comes on, it has now started saying through the speaker "Successfully connected". We can't find a setting to turn this off or find a reason why it is all of a sudden saying that. There is always power to it and it never disconnects from the internet. Does anyone else have this same issue?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Ash26-W speaking to us

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the forum

Only 1 reason this device or any of the Smart Home devices would say that Loss of Connection to the Network. This is I am going to guess by the reason that yours is doing that as well.

While the cameras can work upto around 190' if I remember it saying what is not understood or maybe just not stated is that is Clear light of sight. This would be best case by any and all means.. However you start to add in Electronics, wifi from others, blue tooth devices and even our own building type of structures being Plaster and Lathe or metal studs, Electrical EMI and many other things that 190' range could easily be reduced to less then a few feet rather fast.

Then another issue that can come about is the cables that power the devices. If they are to long or under sized for the load can cause issues..

I would say to be safe I would start with doing a Factory Reset of the device and install it using the app again. This way it will make sure that it isn't just a Corrupt first install. Then all things above don't matter.

If after doing that, I would double check the power cables that is suppling the power to the camera. Can't think just because other cameras from Amcrest and others work on very small and long wires that this Very Complex light and camera can. Also is there is damage in the install wiring it might be loosing power..

Please note that just because a Phone will have Wifi at a location around a house don't mean a camera that works on wifi will have the same results with a Wifi signal. A Cell phone most times have built in wifi boosters that cameras don't have...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Thoughts4You

Re: Ash26-W speaking to us

Post by Thoughts4You »

You get that audible "notice" when the device successfully connects back to your network (because it lost connection). There is no setting anywhere to turn it OFF.